Friday, August 24, 2007

4 Months Old!!!

Porter turned 4 months old on Wednesday... crazy how time flies! According to the bathroom scale he is 18lbs (he has a dr. apt monday so then we'll have an offical weigh in). I'm not sure what to really write on here so figured I would just list Porter's favorite things lately (and mom's favorite- these little slippers:
- talking/babbling... he is rarely quiet always oooohing and making all kinds of noises
-mirrors... he has a best friend at all hours of the day, he giggles and laughs and 'punches' the little guy in the mirror
-speaking of punching he just might be a boxer... he gets his little arm going and just wails on stuff
-he loves fugsicles, tastes of ice cream (or anything you are currently eating), lemons (grandma joyce helped him discover this at dinner), apples and peanut butter, pickles (gross!)... pretty much anything, he is definately his father's son when it comes to food (he likes trying it all!)
-he likes to grab his little stuffed puppy and rolls to the side (like he's tackling it), he hasn't rolled completely over yet... and he loves to stand up
-he likes to 'fly' above your head and loves to be sung to
-he has started making this growlingish noise... probably trying to mimick the sounds his dad makes to scare him or make him laugh (he's finally started to react to making noises on his belly... for the longest time he would just stare at you like you were crazy, but now he laughs and gets all excited)- pretty dang cute!
- he loves swimming and taking baths (today he wouldn't take his midmorning nap because he hadn't had his bath yet, he was cranky until i gave up and tried a bath... silly kid!)
- he likes to watch tv, especially the little einstien show we recorded for him... he has started grabbing the remote lately too... i guess i am a girl so he needs to show me how it works!

- he loves drooling all over everything... its crazy how wet he gets things and he eats everything










That's it for now... I will add a few pictures to this post when I get home from work today. It's crazy all the clothes he's fitting into already... stuff I never thought would fit when he was born is just right these days! (thanks to all of you who knew the day would come so soon so we are prepared for this little guys rapid growth!!)

1 comment:

troycox said...

It is amazing how fast he is growing up! I love it! I am sad that we don't get to be around him more often! Anyways, you guys are such a cute little family... keep giving the updates, I love reading about what is going on!