Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year to everyone, where did the year go? It was a big year for us and we are so grateful for all our blessings especially the big ones -our house, Porter and Sadie (most days), and of course each other. Hopefully everyone else celebrated better than we did... Bryce was sick and I had to go into work, so we slept thru new years and I left for work a little before 1a. BUT we did have a good new years day (s) (the days this week blur together some)... first I got to take a nap when I got home from work and somehow when I was sleeping Bryce, Porter and Sadie got into trouble(suprise, suprise). Not only did Porter eat and bath and play, but since Porter is growing up so fast, we had to 'drop' his crib down already so this little guy who pulls himself up to standing cannot tumble out of the crib. It's crazy that he is this big already!(They are only in trouble because the puppy is in the crib, not because it finally got lowered!)

The rest of the day we hung out and in the afternoon we took the 'kids' to the park:



Porter loves the swing, it's so cute he'll kick his legs and squeal, he was indifferent to the slide, but you gotta love the static hair. Sadie loves the park now that she also loves fetch, she chased that ball over and over and over. She had her longest attention span to date =)
Here's a video of the swing (please ignore me and listen to Porter's giggles):


Its pretty cute how much Porter loves Sadie, they are good friends most of the time, when we go for walks Porter will lean over and grab the rope so that he is 'walking' her. (I really should take a picture) He also shares toys and food with her and unfortunately the other way too... Bryce shares this story with lots of people so I will retell it here... the other day Bryce was eating cheetos and shared some small pieces with Porter cause he makes a big mess if you give him a whole one... well Bryce dropped one and he let Sadie get it...a moment later Bryce looks down and Porter has a big cheeto... he stole it right out of Sadies mouth. Gross I know!

Porter hasn't decided to crawl yet, but he throws his weight around some. The other day before we left somewhere I set Porter down on our bed with Sadie while I got shoes out of our closet. When I came out Porter had gone from sitting up to this... cuddling up to Sadie. SO CUTE!


So I will wrap this up because I need to go get the girls up for school, but the latest fun thing we were able to do this week was go to dinner with our good friends the Shedlocks. It is always so good to see them... Porter is so lucky to have so many 'grandparents' who are big fans of his. They surprised us with their last minute invitation, it was such a good surprise. So yummy!

Till next time!

3 comments:

The Garrido's said...

Bryce Cox!! I hope you dont mind, but I found you from Sarah's Page. Your wife and son are beautiful and boy does he look like you! It was great seeing and reading about your family!! Hope all is well with you guys!!

The Gwynns said...

It is so cute to have Sadie and Porter grow up together, I am sure they are the cutest little friends!

Wendi said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I'm glad you like my recipes. Your kind comments are welcome anytime!

Your little guy is adorable!