I have gotten several phone calls inquiring how we are since I haven't posted in a little while. Its not that I haven't thought about it... it just seems I never get to it. So this may be long and boring, but I guess people want to know what we are up to. Here it goes.
Porter is still contemplating crawling, but he finds standing and trying to walk a lot more fun. He can be found standing at the coffee table all hours of the day, but he especially likes to stand up in the shower... I guess baths are for babies.
Occasionally we just lay around on those rare moments when we get a sec (Porter's good at this)!
Almost every day Porter takes Sadie on walks (here's the promised picture of him holding the leash, he just reaches over the side and grabs on now and then) and on Sunday after church we take Sadie to the park to play fetch and Porter swings on the swings. Up until this last week Sadie's been a 'okay' walker, but she's learned she's stronger than mom, especially when she sees people, bikes, and birds and gets WAY to excited. So she is getting a little 'training' with a new collar which we hope works because we like our walks =)
.
Work has been a little slow for Bryce... he has projects lined up, but no one is ready to start because they are waiting on something or someone. So he has been doing some of the projects we have been meaning to start and complete around the house. Like trimming the tree in the front and digging out the planter, and ripping out bushes, rehanging our front door and the door to the backyard, and inviting Justin over to help rip out the big leaf dropping tree in the backyard (thanks Justin!), and finally this last week we covered our backyard in river rock, it was a mud pit when it rains and Sadie would traipse mud into the house and all over my floors and couch. The rocks a little bigger than we though it would be, but its better than what it was. We (mostly Bryce with me helping whenever Porter was asleep) hauled all 7 tons of it to the backyard in one day! Amazing I tell you and we were pretty sore the next day. I haven't got a completed picture but its so much better (more to still do, but better for now)
.
Before but cleaned up.... In the Process of....Being covered with all of this!!!
.
Here's some pictures and a short video of the sounds it makes ... there were so many with lots of annoying sounds, but then Bryce spotted this one and we knew it was the perfect fit (pretty cool and there are volume controls thank goodness!)! Thanks Great Grandma Jo!
He has an appointment Wednesday since he is going to be 9 months old already!!! So I will post his stats soon (I'm sure Grandma Bird will be waiting for a phone call to know just how big this little guy has gotten since she saw him last)!
PS- If you have read all this, please don't be shy you can leave a comment... I know people read this but I rarely hear much back, unless I don't do it (especially from my family!)



7 comments:
Anna and Bryce, We love to hear how you're doing and see how Porter and Sadie are growing! Can't wait to see your backyard with the rocks.
Paul and Jeannie
anna do you feel better now that i left a comment? i can't believe i didn't get a shout out for helping bryce with the tree. just kidding. nice blog.
Looks like you've been super busy. We did dirt in our yard last year, but I forget how much it was., I think 6 tons. And I was pregant and not any help.
Sadie looks so big! I'm sure she loves the new bathroom...I mean yard.
We're planning on coming down for Andrews stuff this weekend so we'll see you then.
I always read your blog. You do such a good job of documenting with photos and everything.
I'm not sure how tied to BYU Bryce is but his son definately IS ONE CUTE cougar in his little blue outfit!!!That's a great color on him.
See you this weekend, too.
Hey Anna and Bryce! Porter is getting big! he is such a cutie! We are startimg some yard work to as soon as it gets warmer here and I will have to actually help this time since i am not pregnant this time around.
Hooray for yard work, ToysRus, and school (BYU)! Thanks for the update. Its always good to know what you guys are up to!
Yeah! We feel so privileged to have made the blog... or atleast Corbin's car did. =) Porter is so cute and we're kind of partial, but we love the BYU apparel. Who knows... maybe Porter and Corbin will both be cougars in like 18 years!
Post a Comment