I know I know its been awhile since I did a post, but life's been busy and we've been going through lots of changes. In the last 2 weeks: Bryce got a new job (in addition to still running his own business job= benefits=maternity coverage), I completed my last 2 weeks of work= no more sleep deprived mom/wife, we went to Lakeside for the 4th... and it seems like so many other little things have come up. I am now just a stay at home mom... which is an adjustment... Bryce is really worried that I am going to get bored and go crazy... I am too, I can't believe its only been 3 days since my last day at work it feels like its been way longer. Anyway this was suppose to be a post about the 4th of July and visiting grandma and grandpa in scottsdale before that and all that jazz... but then today happened.
I thought we would go to the beach with some friends from church today, but then that fell through and Porter played in his sandbox with a hose instead (kind of the same right?!?). Then he went down for a nap. Rewind to yesterday... I will NEVER complain about junk mail again (at least not for a little bit)... we recieved an offer from Liberty Mutual for a free auto insurance quote through our credit union. I hate making these calls,but hey I have nothing else to do and anyone who knows me right now knows I am all about saving money and this is the only thing I can think of where we just might still be able to cut costs. So I call and go though all the questions and matching policy options etc (really wasn't bad the guy was way nice... I have his number if you are in the market) and then he says well just give me a sec and I can give you a ballpark quote for your 12 month rate.... drumroll it'll be 1474 a year. I look down at my current policy and see a number very close to that and then it hits me... our current plan is for 6 months. WHAT!!! We can save $1430 a year! In shock I say what I always say when making big decisions let me talk to my husband and I'll get back to you. Ummm... yeah 1st- Bryce doesn't care about these things I am in charge of bills and insurance and stuff 2nd- I text him and he's like well yeah!?! So I call them back and in 1 hour I have saved that much money. I am SO happy and feel so good about not ripping up that junk mail... definately earned my keep this week!
I am in such a good mood, I make Porter's lunch so it will be ready when he wakes up, he wakes up smiley and we have a wonderful lunch... then I remember that while on the phone with the insurance guy I discovered I couldn't find my keys... which I remember seeing in Porter's hands just the day before (when I saw him with them I was on the phone and thought uh oh he's going to loose those!) For the next THREE hours I look for them... I clean behind places I haven't looked in ages, went through the whole closet- my shoes, my baskets, everything! I start to get mad and I am bugged because now Porter is back down and I haven't run my errands, I haven't done a post I have looked everywhere.... I am MAD! Then I look in a drawer in the kitchen that is too heavy for Porter to open and there are my keys (he's getting stronger... and quicker and smarter... what a STINKER!).
For those of you who don't know we only have 1 set of keys for this car, we only got 1 set from the dealer when we traded (they were misplaced by Porter in Costco about a month ago.... big fiasco! but they were found and I found out without the originals it costs at least $170 to replace them, which I did not do) anyway I've learned my lesson I will call and get a copy made by someone my husband knows tomorrow... even though I don't want to spend the money... we need to in case this little guy find my keys!
WHAT A DAY!!!
(notice the finger point... grandpa cox calls him e.t. it's the way he says hello to everyone instead of waving or saying 'hi' he sticks his little finger out like that and if you reach out and touch his finger he kicks his little legs and giggles and is SO happy! It's really adorable!)
Maybe tonight before I go to bed I will work on a post that is less words, more pictures and a lot more fun to read! =)



4 comments:
Thanks for commenting on my blog!! I just read this post and wanted to let you know that the company we chose was also Liberty Mutual :)
oh my heck! that is one heck of a day. i hate those days they are the worst!
i'm so excited that you were able to quit your job. we need to chat sometime... we can now relate to being stay at home moms instead of working moms! anyway- i miss you. i hope everything is going well for you!
-kt
Thanks for the post. I'm glad that you share the cute little stories about Porter. He's such a cute kid.
And you know that I am SOOO happy that you saved money. The only thing better than saving myself money is when my family saves money too.
KT
A hundred years or so ago, we were with Liberty Mutual . . . perhaps I should check them out again. Isn't it crazy how things fluctuate so much in price? My stomach just rolls thinking about telephone calls to such places as insurance companies, cell phone companies, cable/satellite companies. . . .Congratulations!!
Post a Comment