Thursday, August 7, 2008

A few Saturdays ago we decided that it was time to clean out the garage... it needed it pretty bad. I would have taken pictures, but unless you had seen it before you just can't appreciate the improvement. Porter has a really smart dad, while we worked on the garage Porter played in his pool in the front yard where we could see him, and then his dad put a short handle on a broom... lifesaving. He is always stealing the broom from me, now he can just help, he loves it! We put him to work sweeping the driveway... what a good kid!




(check out his goofy outfit... I knew he was just going to get dirty)


After we finished the garage (which included me moving all our food storage... we decided to finally move it inside before it all went bad... some tortilla chips went rancid in the heat, as someone coming from a very temperate climate I just didn't think about it)! My amazing husband turned our small/unused coat closet into the perfect little food storage pantry... so nice and honestly I love seeing that supply there. I NEVER thought I would be someone who had that... on our budget and my inexperience I am amazed at the deals I have been able to find that have allowed us to put this away. While its not the best foods it would get us through rough patches or hard times ... someday it will be a little more thought out and more nutritious until then I just love that its there... he also added a shelf above our washer and dryer that is the perfect place for cereals and crackers. Thanks Bryce you are the best, I'm SO lucky.

(bad picture... there is another shelf or two up higher!)

Have I mentioned Porter loves to swim? ...well he does and I hardly ever have the camera when we go swimming, but he is getting really good/comfortable. He loves going under like a submarine and putting his face in the water... we are proud parents! He's a little too brave sometimes but its still pretty cute. He goes through so many clothes every day because he does things like this (and he does it so fast I usually can't stop him):



a little morning swim... in my pajamas... a few rocks for breakfast, what a life!

If its not the pool its Sadies water or a bucket that catches the air conditioning drip from the neighbors house. He's a little fish... I used to get mad and frustrated that he was always getting wet and dirty, but more and more I am grateful that he enjoys playing on his own and explores without me holding his hand. (the kids i've started to nanny part time need a lot of direction and constant interaction... they wear me out!) Yesterday we finally got the master shower fixed (thanks Clint!) and I am sure now that it turns on and so easily he'll be climbing in there and playing in the water any chance he gets.


Porter has the best aunt's in the world... the kind that spoil him rotten... recently he got this in the mail from Auntie Missa... it came after he went to bed so Bryce and I checked it out while he slept (truth be told I was excited, I hoped the Mater car would go backwards or spin in circles, which he doesn't but he's still cute... and Lightning Mcqueen is way faster than Mater). The next morning Porter also loved playing with him and he takes him in the car often to keep him company.

(Thanks again!)

This post is getting long, but last saturday I saw this wooden table on craigslist... I had looked the week before to just buy one new, but wow they were expensive. When I saw this I had to get it (wrong color, but this way when I get around to staining/painting the table we got from Katie they will match!) He is pretty cute, he loves sitting there to eat, to color... to climb. When his cousin Kawika visited he put his dishes in the sink after he finished eating... we found out Porter is a spoiled slacker. Now Porter is learning to put his plate up when he's done. He's still a little too short and I have to help him do it, but he gets so excited when were done (probably because I get excited for him and give him high fives), but I am determined to have him do this... its just too cute!



(so cute how his feet don't reach the floor!)

Then this week... we went to Porter's friend Corbin's 2nd birthday party... I didn't get any pictures with Corbin, but Porter loved the swim part. I didn't get great pictures because I had to run home (down the street) to get the camera and dry clothes, when I got back and he saw the camera all cuteness was over. He LOVED Holly's fountain though... he thinks I should get one... its the perfect drinking fountain (according to him)!




And lastly I took Porter and the children I am watching to the splash pad at San Tan Village (finally now that summer is almost over!) Porter loved it even though he was really tired.




(I can't believe how small Porter looks next to his 'new' friend who is almost 2 1/2.
I don't want Porter to grow anymore he's getting too big!)


Sorry this is long... it's the only way to keep track and eventually make into a book and the grandparents love the pictures!
Till next time!

3 comments:

Team Seguritan said...

He is so cute and that picture of him sitting in the chair with jersey shirt on makes him look so grown up!

And Kawika does not clear his dishes ALL the time, or even MOST of the time, but he does watch his sibling do it ALL the time and just showed off for you! Not that he's not brilliant for showing off!

KT

ltandjbcox said...

Just for the record, I'm still working on getting grandpa to clear his dishes EVERYTIME he eats. . .sometimes I even forget and take off running myself. But we have great dishes, they usually stay put and are always right there when I get back!!

How many kids do you nanny? Colorwise, there is quite a contrast between them and Porter, if that picture is any indication.

Cute boy, for sure. Are you two going to go camping with KT & Kim in a week or so? We are thinking about having a day trip to join you. It is so beautiful out.

Well, love you guys.

Hey, This is Lisa. said...

Hey girl! I'm bummed! I forgot you lived in AZ. I thought maybe it was Colorado. I would have wanted to see you. We were in Queen Creek and Mesa area. We want to move to Queen Creek. Its sort of out in the boonies but, we like it. Little Porter is a doll!