I can't believe its been another 2 or 3 weeks since I last posted, but we've been busy. Bryce had his 30th Birthday on the 1st (no joke!). We thought about throwing a party, but just not our thing so instead we went to dinner at Claim Jumper with a few friends which was fun and yummy (the night before). Then on his birthday we went with the YM to the easter pagent which was as good as it always was and I brought cupcakes, and would you believe they wouldn't eat them at first! They thought it was a joke, yeah they don't know me very well... I could never do that! Porter was adorable as he hung out with the young men... and with his new words he said adorable things. Like when they turned the lights out in the beginning he said 'uh oh' and then when they would exit the stage he would say 'bah bye.' It was cute the parts he would stop climbing all over the place and pay attention.
Then Grandma Joyce threw/was thrown a big 60th Birthday party, so we ventured up the mountain for a really fun weekend... somehow I didn't take a single picture that whole weekend (very unlike me since usually I actually slow down enough to remember up there)

(the weekend wore Porter out... luckily he has his puppy to cuddle with in the car)
Then the next week we headed to San Diego for my Dad's Birthday and Easter and to do a home theater install for them. I actually have pictures of this =) It wasn't the best weather a little on the gloomy side and it rained, Bryce was a little disappointed in the weather... I was fine with it because its going to be way hot way too soon for a LONG time =( why do we live in Arizona again? Here's the pictures.



immediate started digging upon arrival, played in the water with dad, sat on the sand with mom (or better put attacked mom and threw sand at her)

dad showed him this big pre-dug hole, and he played in for the rest of the time we were there



filled it up, jumped in it, and watched airplanes and helicopters landing and flying overhead
sand still tastes good
(he ate so much sand, such a weird kid!)
Porter learned/decided it was fun to dance that weekend.
He has started saying so many things and I am not good at recording or documenting them, but he still knows all his letters and the sounds they make, his favorite letter as of late is 'W' and it is adorable when he says it, he is learning to count and knows lots of animal sounds (quack being the default for anything he's unsure of)... my favorite is dog which instead of saying 'woof' he pants like a dog, he says only a few 'useful' phrases-- 'uh oh' and 'hey' or 'hi', but my favorite has to be that he says 'it's sad'/'i sad' whenever something makes him upset or he is about to cry. He says it in this little pathetic voice, for example when we laid down for his nap today he was just about asleep and wanted me to hold him closer so he strategically said 'I sad' so I would hold him closer... or in Marley and Me as the dog is just about to die, Porter says 'it's sad.' He has also started naming body parts (about time right? after months of telling them to him)
Porter's mom forgot about getting things for Easter... no worries grandma had it covered and lucky for us we hung out with Clay, Mae and Zane (went to eat and went swimming) so Porter got to have a friend help him with his egg hunting.
not sure why there's stuff all over the grass, once he knew candy was inside he set off,
shaking them as he picked them up to make sure they had candy in them
enjoying a sugar high, being jealous dad was reading to Zane, goofing off with dad (he's so funny!)
(I also forgot to get Porter an easter outfit/shirt, luckily grandma/auntie helped with that too, and even got the prego lady something cute to wear, but somebody forgot to take a picture... in my defense I got all of us swimwear which will definately get used a ton this summer)
Impromptu photo shoots, when I'm not planning on it always yeild the cutest pictures... not the cutest outfit and if I make them too big a dirty face, but pretty cute if you ask me!
(this boy LOVES his daddy!)
My absolute favorite thing right now is how Porter now will grab my face and kiss me really hard and then wrap his arms around my neck in a bear hug me and not let go... its pretty cute and melts this mommy's heart. He's growing up way to fast all the sudden... he's going to be in a big boy bed around his birthday next week (when we finish getting it ready, its actually my bed from growing up since my parents still had it in their attic) and he's totally ready for it! Where has the time gone (and at the same time I looked at the ticker to countdown till little girl comes and I'm like 61 more days couldn't come soon enough! and then a part of me panics am I really ready!)

(yes he is cleaning the bookshelves with a toothbrush!)
One final video for you... Porter loves to laugh:
4 comments:
So much fun! My kids think the ocean is the best ever--wish I took them there more often.
No wonder you are tired. . . you guys have been on the go!! Nice pics and such a cute boy. . . . .that Bryce oh, and Porter, too.
It was fun to see you guys! Thank you, Porter, for sharing your Daddy!
I love that close up shot of Bryce and Porter where it looks like Porter is trying to bite him or something. And it looks like Porter can come join our dance parties now that he's got it down:)
KT
Post a Comment