On the last day of July Porter and Avery got to go both their friends birthday party (Andres and Raquel's joint Birthday). It was at Porters favorite park (that we haven't really gone to since I was a nanny out that way, its just too far to go often) Porter LOVED that he was now big enough over a year later to do all the things he couldn't do before.

Like jump along these 'platform' things






Like ride on this pig... Porter always tried to climb this tractor before but couldn't do it, now he can!



Another thing she is adamant about... brushing her teeth a few times a day. We got Tinkerbell toothpaste (we also have 'Woody/Buzz Lightyear too!) which she loves, but so does brother. It's even pink. Porter loves it almost more than she does. I just hope he is so excited to brush with it because Tinkerbell is pretty cute!
And lastly some pictures from today... they were just being cute... oh and Porter he still lives here, I feel like Avery hijacked this post. He has also grown a ton, but I haven't measured him- its obvious even to me he is taller. He has also learned to use the potty (finally!) It was practically all in one day... we still struggle now and then, but I am VERY pleased. He is also learning to write his letters and we got him workbooks to get ready for school (this summer is lasting forever it seems and I don't know that we will put him in preschool for a bit). He is also getting 'smarter,' its not the right word, but I can't come up with the right one, he's just figuring things out and starting to ask questions... its a fun age and he is such a kind and innocent little boy. (I hope he stays that way!)





(Avery was so proud because she kissed Sadie!)
Time for videos:
Avery attacking her brother (he's hiding under the sheets... they play so well together, when they choose too!)
Avery LOVES swimming... and jumping in... she is almost TOO confident. From the steps she will take off like she can swim and wants to be swimming the whole time... no sitting on the sidelines for this little girl!

Like jump along these 'platform' things


Avery played the kissing through the railing game with daddy... she's a goofy girl though and kissed his chin too! (not like her dad at all!)



then she threatened to lick her dad, see dad this is my tongue!
when mom wanted a cute pictures she just ran away... she had places to be and things to do!

Like ride on this pig... Porter always tried to climb this tractor before but couldn't do it, now he can!
Apparently we failed as parents to take Avery to the park enough to have her love the swings because she hated them.
hello... and then got kind of scared.
He kind of understood what to do after a bit, his favorite part was the song, he still sings it all the time. I randomly hear him singing 'dale, dale, dale.' Super cute, I love it! I'm guessing that his next birthday will not just be his normal list of balloons, cake, and presents... I am positive he will be requesting a pinata too!


Avery is often still a bit of a mommies girl... but she is starting to switch to dad sometimes...
She often will call for him when she wakes up in the morning... and freaks out when she can't go outside with him, or she sees him leave for work in the morning. Its adorable (and a relief to me since it gives me a break now and then!) I love her little 'daaaadddeee' and the way she runs to see him when he gets home.
Avery has grown up a TON in the last little bit... she's gained a little over a pound (19lbs now) and grown almost an inch (31inches). She doesn't just walk she runs and is into EVERYTHING, both making messes and cleaning them up. Despite the abundance of masculine toys in our home Avery is drawn to everything girly... when we shopped for birthday presents for their friends I couldn't help but get Avery this princess book and a ballerina barbie doll. She LOVES it. She shares a lot of stuff, but NOT this book.


She also loves to dress up... she loves to swim and always wants her swimming suit on. In the morning when we get up, we pick out her clothes (which she is very picky about) and then get brother's clothes and take them downstairs to him. She is a tad bit bossy and follows Porter around with his clothes until he gets dressed. Then she picks up the pjs and takes them to the hamper in our room. She is quite the little helper (and I am SO grateful!)


(swimsuit, PORTER's shorts- he wouldn't put them on so she put them over hers, and a dress she found in her closet)
she loves wearing mom's shoes
another day she found 'something else' ... a little too young for lingerie sweet girl!
she gathers all the important things... a drink, a book, her baby, anything lying around

and then walks around with it and thinks she is the coolest little girl ever, but then wherever she ends up she's got a book to read, a drink to drink and her baby is there with her =)
Next on her list of things she about to steal... makeup. I thought for sure I had a few years before she would immerse our home in everything girly... guess not!
Another thing she is adamant about... brushing her teeth a few times a day. We got Tinkerbell toothpaste (we also have 'Woody/Buzz Lightyear too!) which she loves, but so does brother. It's even pink. Porter loves it almost more than she does. I just hope he is so excited to brush with it because Tinkerbell is pretty cute!
And lastly some pictures from today... they were just being cute... oh and Porter he still lives here, I feel like Avery hijacked this post. He has also grown a ton, but I haven't measured him- its obvious even to me he is taller. He has also learned to use the potty (finally!) It was practically all in one day... we still struggle now and then, but I am VERY pleased. He is also learning to write his letters and we got him workbooks to get ready for school (this summer is lasting forever it seems and I don't know that we will put him in preschool for a bit). He is also getting 'smarter,' its not the right word, but I can't come up with the right one, he's just figuring things out and starting to ask questions... its a fun age and he is such a kind and innocent little boy. (I hope he stays that way!)





(Avery was so proud because she kissed Sadie!)
Time for videos:
Avery attacking her brother (he's hiding under the sheets... they play so well together, when they choose too!)
Avery LOVES swimming... and jumping in... she is almost TOO confident. From the steps she will take off like she can swim and wants to be swimming the whole time... no sitting on the sidelines for this little girl!
jumping in:
swimming by myself:
rides on daddy:
Grandma and Grandpa Bird can't wait to see you and swim and play and go to the beach and create chaos in your quiet home later today/tomorrow. San Diego coolness here we come!






















4 comments:
I love your long updates. Hooray for the potty training! And for peer pressure so that we both finally just did it. Avery is so cute.
i'm glad you like them, soemtimes it feels like a long ramble... a lot is for grandparents...some sort of journal since I can't seem to get that part of my life together (last journal entry was when Bryce and I were dating) and looking back its a HUGE reality check that my kids are growing up. And I am REALLY grateful for peer pressure to potty train, we would still be wasting $50ish bucks a month w/o it! Avery can be cute, but she is also a handful lately, but you know how that is.
anna!!!! i miss you! i was actually just thinking about you and happened to read the comments on my blog. we seriously needs bryce's help with the tvs and i would love to do your hair! hopefully you haven't done it already. anyway let me know. my # is 480-206-2394
I finally caught this post. . . so glad I did. It is obvious to me how much Avery is growing. . . I hope she will warm up to me eventually. . . .Sariah FINALLY likes me and she is closing in in 4.......so I will be patient.
We loved having you here over Labor Day. Thanks again for all of your help.
Post a Comment