Tuesday, June 21, 2011

She's here... and 3 weeks old




Colette Annmarie Cox


June 9th, 12:04am


7lbs 11oz, 19.9 inch long



Rewind to a bit before she arrived... those who know how this pregnancy went know that I was dying to have her once Bryce returned from high adventure w/ the priests and teachers... I couldn't walk and hurt and was not a happy lady... she took her time and gave us several nights of thinking we were headed to the hospital (close contractions for a long time... then once we were ready they would stop dead in their tracks). I tried everything... walking, doing to much, etc, etc... I even bought castor oil, but was a little afraid to take it. After 4 days of this I had a doctor's appointment and I was more dilated (a '3') and 80% effaced and he said he would be seeing me at the hospital soon. That was tuesday... wednesday I was too tired to do much to make this little girl come out, but I did get the guts up to take a half dose of castor oil... I am not saying that it 'works' but it could have helped... I had contractions for awhile around naptime, but tried not to get excited. We finally got things ready, text stacy... and they slowed. grrr. Luckily they started up again and we headed to the hospital with the kids to see if they would admit me (side note- I was strep B positive so needed to be at the hospital early to get antibiotics- I would have never gone in that early I wasn't in pain at all). They kept me because I was at a '4' and consistently contracting... so the 4 hours of waiting until the antibiotics were finished started. The crazy part is seeing the monitors, I was having a lot more contractions than I was actually feeling. This was around 6, at 10:30ish they checked me and she hadn't dropped like they would like, but I was at a '7'. They said they would give me pitocin to help... and I said whoa... epidural first then. I got up to go to the bathroom and had a placental abruption and started bleeding... kind of scary, even more scary after the whole thing and knowing what could have happened. I got my epidural... worst epidural ever... she couldnt get it right and bruised my back, but she was able to get me mostly numb, but I was cold and tingly and shaking (hindsight... my body was probably in shock). The anesthesiologist leaves and minutes later I can feel everything down the center of my body... just as she fixes that I feel like I need to push. 5 pushes later (Bryce argues that it was 4) she was here... perfect and healthy. I was freezing, but so grateful to have her here... we tried to beat the clock, but with the drama she arrived at 12:04am.





taking a peek at her daddy... unrelated but quickly made a classic pouty face


all cleaned up and ready to snuggle










In the morning (Thursday) Justin and Stacy brought the kids to meet their little sister.



loving sister




Porter and Avery had been asking for weeks when the doctor would get their baby sister out... I think they were as anxious as I was to get back to 'normal.'


family pictures




Thursday night the kids brought pizza and hung out and we went outside to the grass area they have.



The next morning (Friday) Grandma and Grandpa Bird arrived and brought the kids...


Avery was ready to take sister home... so she tried calling the nurses =)





By 10ish we were out of there and on our way home.





Colette with Grandma and Grandpa Bird





the whole gang





Proof that I am crazy (and people continue to tell me over and over again)... about an hour after we got home I got a text reminding us about the primary pool party. Something Porter was WAY excited about. At first I just brushed it off as oh well, he won't remember. Then I looked around... 4 adults, 3 children (including one who just lays there) why not go?!? Plus pizza and fruit = dinner is taken care of. Perfect. So hours after leaving the hospital Colette went to her first party... for the record I did not put her in the pool.





The rest of that first week were spent like this:


sleeping with dad... being cute... hanging out




her first 'bath'


(after we took her to her first movie, Kung Fu Panda 2, and her first restaurant Daves BBQ- Saturday)


First day at church... again I was told I was crazy, but I don't like to just stay home... I havent gotten good at documentation... I did not take a family picture like I did with the other 2.

Then came Wednesday... Colette and Avery got to meet their newest cousin. These two are going to get into a lot of trouble together.

Meet Madden Rae Cox, newest member of Justin and Stacy's family.


We are beyond excited for them!





Porter and Avery had lots of fun with Grandma Bird... she reads as many books as we bring to her bed in the morning... she plays bubbles and lets us blow them...she lets us wash her car... she taught us to play 'angry birds'... we made cookies and brownies... she took GREAT care of us. (mom was a little afraid of how disappointing the next week was going to be when she left and didnt get nearly that much attention)













washing the car--baking--Avery rocking her dolls





Porter tried on eye liner-- Avery playing with sister




1 week old



Now that I FINALLY posted this (it was started before she was 2 weeks old) I will try and get some newer pictures up... never a dull moment around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

anna cox--mom of the year! congrats on your baby girl, i was mad that she came before rocky; however, she is a doll! :) can't wait to see her