This week was a big week for little Porter... every time I turned around he was doing something new. Monday night my in laws stayed with us and Joyce was kind enough to take Porter shopping with her so I could take a nap when I got home from work. (weirdest time ever being alone for awhile, I didn't know what to do with myself when I woke up!) While they were shopping she noticed that he had cut a tooth the night before and it was peeking up from his gums... which explains why he was so clingy and crabby the night before. He wouldn't let me put him down and didn't really want anyone else to hold him either. He's a momma's boy, but not to that extreme. She has a good eye I don't know that I would have noticed it! The tooth isn't all the way in yet, but peeks up a little more everyday. Tonight it was really bugging him... poor kid. It stinks when there isn't really anything you can do to help.
The next little thing of the week is adding the sounds 'da' and 'ga' to the babbling... I have already come to terms with the fact that my little boy will probably say dada before he gets even close to mama. and at the rate he's going the he'll say gama first =) Its okay really its adorable to hear him babbling on like he's really saying something. Along with these sounds he's added an extreme head tilt to the left that he does for added effect. Bryce says its like puppies do... maybe thats where he learned it. He just smiles big like I am so cute smile at me. Like 'mommy pleeeaasse can I have that!!! I'm cute remember?'
The last thing he did out of the blue today was sitting up... granted it was on the bed and he didn't quite make it up, but it was very close. That would be pretty exciting... dang he's growing up to fast! He isn't crawling yet, but he actually gets frustrated and rolls around with more confidence so its only a matter of time!
In other news little Sadie is 26lbs now (according to the bathroom scale). I can't believe how big she is... she pushes me around already! Even when she's been in trouble and i've been yelling and she has made me absolutely crazy she is still right there by my side trying to be in on everything I am doing. She's a handful, but there is never a dull moment when she is loose. I am going to be in trouble when she's full grown and Porter and her are tearing through the house. They are already best friends... Porter wipes food from his mouth and puts his hand down for Sadie to lick already. Porter teases her a lot and reaches out for her and often pulls her tail and ears... and she just licks him (for the most part, with an accidental chew here and there). He really takes a lot of licking from Sadie. Its funny how unafraid he is of her with her size and tendancy to be clumsy/overbearing and knock him over, but our friends little pup Yoda who is 2lbs seemed to scared him. 2lbs vs 26lbs... crazy kid!
Anyway your not going to believe this but I have no new pictures... its been a weird week and I just forgot. Lots of cute stuff just no documentation so you'll just have to believe me. Sorry! Have a good week!
PS- I got tired of the dark blog and I am working on changing it so be prepared for it to look unfamilar till I figure out what I want or I may just settle on this who knows!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I like the new look of the blog... its very upbeat. I am sure whatever you choose will be great. Porter is so cute! By the way, thanks for your input on my blog, it means a lot. :)
Porter sure is a cutie!! Your pictures alwayslook great! Your camera takes good pictures. What kinds of Camera do you have? I still have yet to start my blog. But you can email me anytime at sbowen@saintfrancis.com
Not that you asked for opinions, but I really like the lighter color. My eyes did funny things when looking at the black page so sometimes I wouldn't read through it all.
You guys are so dang cute!
Porter's picture is so cute. I enjoyed our little shopping spree during which he behaved so well. I, too, like the lighter page. . . .old eyes.
Looking forward to seeing you this coming weekend.
Post a Comment