Monday, December 17, 2007

I cannot believe another week has passed... it's crazy really. Not too much going on, just getting ready for Christmas and enjoying some cooler weather. We actually got to hang out all four of us a little more this week. On Tuesday I went and bought our Christmas PJs... I became the crazy lady who asks the sales person to please take the last pair in my size off the mannequin because I must have them, really. (I tried to get them online but they were out too). Anyway Bryce finished up a little early and I had picked up some movies from the library, it was raining outside and the next thing you know we are in our Christmas PJs with the futon on the floor and Papa Johns coming thru the front door. It was fun to hang out and enjoy the weather... sad because I couldn't really see straight I was so tired, and so I fell asleep during the second movie, but fun just the same.
That kind of says our attitude towards saving things for Christmas this year too... I've gotten Porter a few things, but I can't bring myself to wrap them. It isn't going to make a difference to him, he's just excited for the box that the truck or whatever came in. We are both already wearing our Christmas PJs and we opened the box of stuff from my sister for Porter... which is the only reason Porter hasn't worn his Christmas PJs because he got some cute new ones from her. Lots of fun stuff. We have saved a few things, and its killing Bryce and me not to just tell each other what we got for one another... I've almost caved a few times.












Other than that we've just been working or hanging out. I've tried some Christmas baking without a ton of success... something has happened since I got married... I can't bake as well anymore. Its really sad and VERY irritating. I haven't given up yet... today I messed up peanut brittle... well not really messed up it just wasnt brittle... luckily my mother in law had a solution to save the day... and while it wasnt as pretty a color at least it was edible (but not fabulous)... maybe next year!








Cute Bath Photos





While I was looking for pictures I came across a video we took... and no we don't usually video tape our child crying, but if we could only show you moments before it would make more sense. Porter has become a little more adventurous with grabbing and reaching for things... if he wants something he goes for it and he's spoiled so he usually gets it (like the big bite he took right out of my cookie) anyway we do tell him 'no' sometimes but up until now he didn't really understand it. So before this video he is trying to 'help' Bryce wrap some presents and this is his response to being told 'no.' Its adorable his reaction when he realizes that I am taping his rant he just looks back and forth like 'you have got to be kidding me!'


1 comment:

Katie said...

well was it raining the day you tried to make your candy... because as crazy as it sounds it makes a difference. don't even bother if it is moist outside.
sounds like everything is going well for you. i'm sorry you are so tired. i totally understand. :( get some sleep and merry christmas!