Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Camping In the Rain

So Bryce and I went camping even though the forcast predicted a good chance of rain... its not often that my mom happens to be coming into town and can watch Porter with her best friend Jeannie and I thought it would be a nice Valentine's Day activity. They had a ton of fun with Porter even though he was a little under the weather. They even went to walmart for a little shopping trip... strange for those who know these women... they are target girls all the way (but didnt know how close one was, so they settled)

Bryce and I camped in the rain out in Sycamore Creek... Bryce managed to get fires going with the use of a little gas and we enjoyed a little dutch oven cooking and some time alone... it was weird at first, but a nice little break. I was cold a lot and bundled up most of the time, but the best part about camping is Bryce does lots of the work cause he loves camping and camp cooking. In the morning we decided to hike to the where those clouds met the top of the mountain so we could be like Kim and Austin... OR we climbed back in the car and took a nap, you can guess which we did.

In my last post I mentioned these great cheap camp chairs we got... and they were great for me... while Bryce was cooking our dinner by the fire we heard a little snap and then noticed this warning label:

not more that 220lbs, not for use by fires, and use on flat/level surfaces. we both laughed we couldn't have done anything more wrong. I guess I will use the cheap chairs and we will have to invest in one for Bryce =)
While grandma was here Porter solidified his two first words. "da da" and "dog" ... you can see who his favorites are... or maybe he doesn't feel the need to say my name cause I am always around (thats what I tell myself anyway) really I don't care, its cute and I am sure I will hear it enough once he learns it. He also is as close as he's willing to get to crawling... he gets around and thats all that matters. He learns things pretty fast lately... Bryce has been working on teaching him to clap... and he does it when he wants to now. Pretty cute! Thats it for now!

3 comments:

The Gwynns said...

Looks like you two had a good time, too bad you didn't hike up to the top, I can hear the mountain calling your name!! :) We will have to go camping together sometime, it would be fun!

Team Seguritan said...

You guys are such good little campers, especially in the rain. I think we're going to do some desert camping before it gets too hot. which will come way too soon.

Margaret said...

Anna!
I'm so glad you found me. Porter is adorable! I need to check out your blog a little more. Camping looks fun. I haven't gone in a long time. It will be great to keep in touch.