is it true? another week is gone already. I never got around to posting Porter's new stats, although I did call my mother (who is coming to visit in a week and a half or so!). From memory they are 29inches (75th percentile), head 19 inches i think (90th percentile) and 20lbs 7oz (50th percentile) So he's tall average weight with a big head... I am pleased his weight percentile dropped... at least other kids are fatter than he is =) He's pretty chunky himself, but at times I worry when I shouldn't he's just a kid after all, but he eats and eats I feel like its all we do somedays! He still isn't crawling but he seems really close lately. I think any day now... he's getting more determined. Here's a video of one of his alternative modes of getting around. scooting on his butt, much slower but then he doesn't have to lay on his stomach:
He's all about cords and wires... especially those near the tv (guess he wants to be like dad). He's shed plenty a tear over being told 'no.' He has been really cute lately about giving kisses, he doesnt always shut his mouth and sometimes he 'buzzes' his lips instead, but it melts my heart when he leans over and randomly wants a kiss. He also 'smacks' his lips after he gets a drink of milk from mom... I think he is trying to make dad jealous. I don't know where he picked it up, but he knows he's adorable when he does it. His other favorite thing lately is throwing stuff, he chucks everything when he's done... or if i put him in front of a basket of toys he will rifle through it and throw things over his shoulder near his ear, which i guess is the end of the world or something. i think we have a video of that too, not as cute as when he gets into it, but you'll get the point.
(passed out at the wrestling tornament, and enjoying the sucker he stole right out of his dad's mouth)
It has been rainy here, only only on the weekends, and cold for us (in the 60s- but colder at night!), so last sunday Porter played on his truck in front of the door as it rained (he loves to be outside and missed his walk). I got a good picture of his tooth + almost 2nd tooth and his goofy smile (click on the photo for a really big view, ignore the eyes though cause I did red eye correction and it looks funny big). He has also started eating some finger foods... Sadie loves this because he likes to throw it all on the ground when he gets tired of trying to eat it. He loves waffles and grilled cheese, yum!
He really is such a happy boy, MOST of the time he is laughing or giggling. We are SO lucky to have him in our lives! (he's growing way too FAST!)



4 comments:
anna- he kind of looks like you! pretty cute. i can't believe how big he is getting. i remember chas when he was that age... it was such a fun age! he is pretty cute when he scoots. :)
Man, we need to get us a kid... Austin just isn't as cute when he gets a soda!!... (or when he starts throwing things around). :)
Okay, so if you ever feel like Porter is fat just send me an e-mail and I'll take a picture of a truly fat baby and send it to you. Yeah, I don't know where Kawika falls, but I'm thinking 25 lbs is somewhere on the fat baby side of things.
Porter is such a cute kid! Hope we can see him soon.
Oh, this Is KATIE, not my mom. I was doing some updating on their blog and I forgot that I was signed on as her.
Katie :)
Post a Comment