I can't help but post pictures of Porter eating his birthday cake... yes I made him his very own cake and he ate 1/3 or more of it all by himself. (I'm a horrible mother I know, but he only turns '1' once and why not). He definitely loves chocolate cake!
Shortly after he ate this cake we packed up and drove up to Las Vegas to visit his Great Grandma Bird... I did not take a single picture!! But we went to dinner with her and he chased her little dog Pumpkin all over her house. It was good to visit its been awhile and he got to show her how he's learning to walk!
The next day we headed up to Provo for BYU graduation... on the way we stopped often because we now have a child and so McDonald's play land became one of our stops. I climbed in with Porter and he crawled around some... he wasn't sure at first but eventually got pretty comfortable with it.
Once we got to Utah we stayed with Kim and Austin at a beautiful home where they live with the nicest lady (Georgia) and she was kind enough to put us up in an amazing room... we only wish we could have spent more time there, but once we arrived it seemed like we were always on the run. The first night we hung out at Troy and Heidi's.
The next day we drove through a blizzard (in April!!!) to go to a class party in my sister 4th grade classroom, which was a lot of fun (but I could never be a teacher!). Then we meet up with Danny, Rachel, Will and Alta for dinner at Goodwood (yum!) and then went back to Danny's house to see his puppies and hang out... their puppy just had 6 (?) little schnauzer puppies- if you live and utah and want one we'll hook you guys up they aren't planning on keeping any, they are adorable!

Porter loved the puppies (he was missing Sadie already!), but we had to keep an eye on him because he was a little rough.... he is used to Sadie who just takes whatever Porter does to her and loves him anyway, she just loves the attention.
The next day we skipped the actual commencement ceremonies for both of our sisters and instead meet up with my family afterwards and had lunch at Cracker Barrel... Porter hates hats, as you can tell, even though he looks adorable in them. He did like these rocking chairs in his size though and mom loved the photo op! (if only he were wearing cuter clothes... I didn't plan for frigid temperatures... it was 90 degrees when I packed to leave Mesa!)



That night we went to a Hawaiian luau for Donovon's brother. It was authentic Hawaiian food so it was definitely an adventure, but the entertainment was great-- especially a hula dance by Katie and Garren and cute songs sung by Jada with her dad... wish I would have recorded them she was adorable!

(Porter kept getting stuck between the bed and this bench at the end of the bed...he thought it was hilarious.)
The next day we meet up with some of my cousins, relatives, our college friends, and some high school friends of mine at a park to celebrate Porter's birthday. I made these cute monkey cupcakes that everyone told me not to beforehand but once they saw them they knew why I couldn't resist. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture but they looked like this:

Porter got more toys, since he is just a little spoiled, and loved them of course!


He also loves balloons so we got him some here's a video before they blew away:
(he did get lucky though cause his aunt's went and got him more so he had one to play with on the long drive home... thanks aunties and grandma!)
Then Saturday night was Kim's graduation party and that was fun as well! Here's a picture Joyce took of our little family:

Then our last morning we stopped by and visited with our old bishop and his wife... so good to see them again. Then made a quick stop to see a Bryce's friend Megan and then hit the road... what a long drive... we did get to stop in St George and visit our friends Dave and Lisa and their 3 girls.... it was a VERY long day, but we were so glad to be home. And boy was Sadie glad to see us... she has been especially well behaved and cuddly since our return.
And that's it... we are so glad to see those we got to see and only wish we had more time to spend with everyone!
3 comments:
sad- i missed you! i worked friday night and i was spent. i'm sorry i didn't make it to the park.
those are such cute pictures of your little boy- isn't it amazing that he is one? i couldn't believe it when chas turned one... and i can't believe he is turning two soon. crazy!
First of all, the monkey cake is TOO cute. And I'm sure the cupcakes were too. Oh my goodness, how adorable! Sounds like you guys had such a busy and full trip. How fun! I can't believe it was so chilly up there. Crazy weather!
Secondly, where does the time go? When we first moved into the ward, Porter had just been born. It really has been a year???
Thirdly, the mall we have been going to is San Tan Village. Just go South on Greenfield, almost to the 202 down there. It's on the left. It's really fun. I'm sure Porter would love it. If you ever want to, we should go!
Nice job documenting that whirlwind of a trip. It was good to see you guys there. We were a little jealous of your "room" because once it was our "room". . . we know how nice it is.
It is always nice to get back home though. We will see you guys on Friday. Do you still want us to babysit? What time? Let us know.
Post a Comment