Monday, May 19, 2008

Not Much to Post

I havent posted in quite awhile... mostly because not a whole lot has been going on. But for the grandparents and aunts (and whoever else is interested) here's a few little Porter updates:

This is how much Porter loved milk, right around his birthday:



I tried to slowly transition him over to vitamin d milk, but he was not having it. Then we had his 1 year appointment and during the appointment the pediatrician mentioned he could be drinking up to 24 oz a day... since that day he drinks it just fine most of the time... not even with trickery of sweetening it (I did that for a few days)... but not even warmed up. Such a little stinker... he HAD to hear it from the doctor before he would do it... what does his mom know anyway!

He is still working on the walking thing and is slowly getting better and braver... he has started to point at things a lot and demand things. His most common demand is going outside... even at bedtime he'll give that one a try... ordering Bryce and I around. Its tough cause you want kids to play outside and most of the time I will for a minute, but its getting SO hot. He sticks his little pointer finger out and says 'dat.' He does the same thing when he wants you to hold him to play with light switches.

The little guy got lucky though and on Friday Leigh and Joyce stopped by on their way to Mexico and watch the little guy and stayed overnight with us so that we could go to the temple... and when we got home the lucky little guy had grandpa sitting out in the heat and he was crawling/exploring all over the place. He was in heaven... Leigh was enjoying the warmth and a good book and Porter was just glad to not have a short time limit before his supervision got too hot. Thanks for hanging out with us this weekend, hope you enjoyed your shortened stay in Rocky Point before you head up to Utah.


A post wouldnt be complete with out pictures so here are a few of my attempts last weekend up in Lakeside to capture his cuteness... he's getting tougher as he gets faster!

4 comments:

Katie said...

he is so cute! i can't believe he doesn't like milk. chas almost doesn't want anything else. in fact it was soon after we started giving him cows milk that he didn't want to eat regular food anymore.
what little pills they are! i need to talk to you sometime and catch up. it has been too long!

Cristi said...

Haha, your movie made me laugh. That is exactly what Zack did when I first started to give him milk. He sure it is a cutie too!

Team Seguritan said...

Kawika is still hating the milk thing. He loves vanilla soy milk, but he's needing more fat...go figure. anyway, talk to u later.

KT

The Gwynns said...

I can understand the whole heat thing! I don't know if I would be able to bear sitting outside with him for entertainment!! :)