Sunday, August 24, 2008

catch up (once again!)

1st- Becky-sometimes Bryce doesn't make it all the way to the bed either and he wasn't even 5 feet away! =)



Once again I am playing the game of catch up... I have been bad at keeping up with the blog and I know my parents are dying to see more of Porter, so here is a little of Porter to hold you over till this weekend!

A few saturdays ago this was our project- in April Katie gave us this table... at the time I wasn't very excited because it just wasn't what I was thinking of and I wasn't ready for a change, so we put it in the garage and made it a someday project. With the addition of Porter's little table and inviting 2 couples over for Sunday dinner I decided I was ready to do something with it, so some sanding and some paint and we have a big table (thanks Katie and D). We even sit and eat at the table sometimes, what a concept huh!?!

Besides jumping in his wading pool Porter will use buckets to have a little fun... either pouring water different places or standing in the bucket that fills with water from the neighbors house (I think its from her AC unit, I use it to water my mothers day plant... which is thriving by the way!)

(I often find him with both legs in and occasionally he gets stuck in the bucket!)


Before Sadie Porter had another favorite dog... he still loves Ginger and will go lay on her when we visit grandma and grandpa.

He still loves Ginger's daughter (Sadie) too though and often lately we have found him in her crate playing, what a goofball.




Its not too often Porter gets to be with grandpa one on one... but when they do they have a lot of fun. It makes us so happy that Porter has been 'warming up' some to grandpa!


Porter finally caught up with his psuedo grandparents Bill and Trudy... Daniel's boy Dallin was there and ironically they were wearing the same thing!



On the way home from Lakeside last weekend we got stuck in globe/miami because the road was closed so we went to the one place in town that had a playland... Porter loved the stairs into the playland (fine by me it was a little gross inside).


He has also developed this cheesy smile for the camera... he was babbling in Porter talk up a storm but I don't think you can hear it.



Then this weekend we decided kind of last minute to join Bryce's family in Payson for a campout. Since I am not a slide show person get ready for a whole bunch of pictures of camping... it was so nice to be out of the heat!



the breakfast of champions... powdered donuts are the best! Yum!

playing, getting all tangled up, and playing with the biggest rocks he's ever seen
finally letting grandma hold him without fuss for a minute!


he started out all alone, but shortly Kawika joined him for some fun in the dirt!


I have a few videos I have been meaning to put on here... the other night he got the mop down out of the closet by himself and gave the floors a cleaning... I should take the hint, I guess it's been a few days since I did that!
Anytime of the day if he can get through that backdoor and there is water outside he is in it. This night I had brought the garbage can back inside and the gate was open maybe 30 sec and he was in the pool in no time flat. I wasn't in the mood to say no (when am I ever these days!) so he swam at 8pm before going to bed =)

My mom predicted back in Febuary that Porter would start using the dog's door to get outside. While he hasn't done it yet, he just might one of these days when I won't let him go out, he's understanding the concept more and more.

K this is it I'm FINALLY caught up. Sorry for the long post hope you enjoyed it a little =)

5 comments:

Katie said...

what a sweet babe you have! i miss talking to you. we need to catch up soon! i'll try to shoot you an email one of these days! i miss you! :)

ltandjbcox said...

I like the dining table and yes, it is a novel concept. Camping was lots of fun. Very quick trip for you guys but we enjoyed seeing you all. You do a wonderful job with the blog. Don't kid yourself.

Team Seguritan said...

Loved the vidoes. Israel kept saying, "I didn't know he could do that!" And Jada said, "I never knew Porter was that much of a big boy to pick up that mop." And Israel also wants me to tell you, "I really liked the shows." And Jada is adding, "she loves you." Now this is Israel, "thanks for going camping with us."

Sheeshe those kids like to talk huh?

Kt

Becky Montoya Wright said...

He is getting so big (Porter--not Bryce). Great post and loved the photos. Glad that I'm not the only one who can fall asleep anywhere--except in my bed at night. See you all soon.

The Gwynns said...

Very Nice, looks like he is keeping you guys busy! At least he can start doing chores pretty soon :) It was good seeing you guys.