Sunday, September 14, 2008

Labor Day in San Diego

It had been WAY too long since we had been to San Diego, but we finally made it down there. My pictures are finally loading on here (yay!!!) I think that the video of Porter at the beach is what is making the error occur on the page so I may post try it again later. So what did we do in San Diego? what we always do... eat,eat, eat and go to the beach. Porter was grateful to be allowed to go outside whenever since it isn't 110 there... so here are a ton of pictures. Enjoy!

We ate take out on the beach from one of my favorite places (Fins) nothing beats lobster burritos, shrimp burritos and fish tacos! yum! its the only way I really like seafood.
can you tell he's excited? he's not crying... that's his cheesy camera/super excited smile!
checkin' it out... its way bigger than the pool!
what is this thing hitting my legs!

picture on the left... Bryce said I had to post it beause he is peeing in the ocean while I took it
and the one on the right... the only picture of me (thanks dad)...
I don't get in front of the camera often.

catching his first wave with the help of dad... Bryce also took him out pretty deep and let him experience the 'real' waves some, but he's just a speck amongst the waves so no pics =)


I think he loves the ocean!


Then we moved onto sand and boy did he love that too!
No smiles for the camera though... it was serious business!


Sunday (after church of course) we took Sadie to the dog beach in Coronado... she loved it and so did Porter all those dogs running around in the ocean and he's even allowed to get in (at the dog park in mesa there is a lake, but he is not allowed in it because it is SO gross).
This beach definately not as crowded and there aren't as many people laying out trying to get tan... everyone's just there to have a good time!



love these pics!
What else did we do... we ate for the last time at Tio Leos (a mexican restaurant we have been going to for years...but its closing). Porter made sure to clean grandmas floors each day when he was there... he's serious about doing his chores what can I say =) And he hung out with grandpa and watched little einsteins and curious george. Fun times!



The week before we left for San Diego one night, when I totally lost my mind, I decided we would just make a big pan of super nachos for dinner... Bryce and Porter loved it! Definately not what we usually have since there were no fruits and no vegtables to be seen anywhere.


What have we been doing since we got back? Not much the first week... I didn't even notice my camera missing, luckily when I did realize it my sister found it upstairs in San Diego and sent it to me. This week we went to one of the boys in our wards swim meet and Porter got to go down this cool slide (thanks for helping him Zack!)






At the home where I nanny Porter has decided he's a big boy and has learned to go down the little tikes slide by himself... most of the time he's okay, one time he got going fast and fell forward and knocked his head (you can probably see it in pictures), but he is growing up so fast... after mastering the slide he has decided the trike is next... too bad his feet don't reach the petals!


Porter is also grateful summer is practically over... its only 90 in the mornings... on friday we went to the puppet storytime at the library, but we got there early so we went to the Riparian preserve right by the library and saw the ducks, turtles and fish... he loved it... no pictures with the ducks though I was afraid he would jump in if I stepped back!


The other latest and greatest is that Porter has learned to kiss us when we ask and when we don't. It melts my heart. He's a smart boy though he is already learning that when he wants something or he is in trouble a little kiss will do the trick! Until today he hadn't kissed anyone else, but at church today our friends little baby boy was laying on the floor... I thought Porter was going to attack him, but he leaned down and kissed his forehead... adorable!!!

That's it for now... I may work on beach videos another day, but for now this is enough!

5 comments:

LiciRae said...

Ok how do you get more than 5 pictures on a post?? Am I retarded? Anyway... what a fun family you guys have. I guess Adam is having Bryce and Porter over for Backyard campout. You should come over and watch a movie with me when they do. By the way, I think you are gorgeous, shouldn't hide behind the camera. I'm seriously jelous of your fun San Diego weekend, it looks so fun.

Stacy said...

Um...Bryce does know he's only standing in knee deep water right? :) Looks like such a fun trip!

Stacy said...

So true about the lack of shame! I keep trying to convince myself that there is some deep down somewhere but I think I need to give up on that. At least they keep things interesting right? :)

ltandjbcox said...

Your trip looks like lots of fun. Leigh is anxious for some sunny beaches and sitting around, hopefully in the first week of November. I'm sure he will be jealous when he sees all these pictures. Hope next weekend works out for you three.

Becky Montoya Wright said...

I was just thinking about San Diego and the beach today. We have loved our trips there. Hopefully soon we'll make it happen again. My kids are in awe by the ocean. By the way, when I opened your blog, Sariah was sitting on my lap, and started saying, "Porter" as soon as his I scrolled to one of his photos.