Tuesday, January 20, 2009

hiking in the Superstition Mtns. and other randomness

As promised we took pictures on our hike... sorry for those in cold temperatures, but it was nice. (I won't mention that it was 80 today and we went swimming) Porter even stripped down to his diaper to swim a little in a stream running through the rock (it took some convincing to get me to let it happen, but he enjoyed it). It was a beautiful hike and Porter did really well in the backpack... he loved it probably because he could see so much more than usual. As we were hiking I told Bryce it wasn't fair because he got to enjoy the scenery while we did all the work =)


the night before we took out the backpack and Porter wanted in, trying to share some muffin with mom before leaving on the hike.
Then I must have been too winded to take any pictures before we got to the top, sorry!!!


before he stripped down to his diaper





I've also included some random pictures/videos.
Bryce has discovered that Sadie is a good basketball parter:

Porter gets more creative every day entertaining himself... I am hoping its a personality trait to practice and practice something he wants to get good at, he seems to do it a lot and could come in handy in his future with sports, music, school, etc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it sticks.


This is Porter's favorite new puzzle... it has small peices so I keep it up higher, but he asks for it all day long. I think he actually knows the letters 'O' 'B' and 'D' he brings those to me over and over. And Bryce reports that he knows where most of the peices go and its been only a week... smart boy!




And finally wrestling with dad... or when dad isn't around jumping on the pillows.

And last, but most important... Happy Birthday Grandpa Cox!

4 comments:

ltandjbcox said...

80 degrees!!! We aren't jealous, we aren't jealous, we aren't jealous!! The days here have been beautiful. . .temps in the 50's so we can't complain. Becky and Thomas's kids have been skiing a couple of times. Sammy is sort of getting the hang of it. I think Thomas and Andrew went on Monday. What fun for them. Thanks for the B-day wish. Grandpa had a very nice day.

The Gwynns said...

I am jealous! It finally let up the last couple of days (still cold but not snowing). My muscles are sore from all the snow shoveling that has been going on here! It looks like you hike was fun... I wish we had mountains to hike... more like hills around here! :( Austin did a hike in a nearby park last weekend, the snow went up to his thighs in some parts! Anyways, Looks like a fun water slide that Porter was on!

Team Seguritan said...

What great pictures! Hope you are feeling better.

kT

Stacy said...

That is one of my favorite hikes! Especially when the water is running like that and not all swampy and mosquitos.