Thursday, August 20, 2009

continually suprising me!

A few weeks ago Porter and I (and Avery) finally made it over to Deseret Book. I had been meaning to get him something new to read for quite some time and remembered this book coming out when I worked there.

The age recomendation says 3+, but I don't really pay attention to those. So I went ahead and got him the first 3 volumes with the rest of the $ I had from Porter birthday or something. They are cute little books, a little too much for him to understand, but I started reading them to him each night before bed. If nothing else it would help me learn/remember the stories better.

Tonight I tell Porter its time for bed and he runs into his room and jumps up on his bed like he always does (i'm lucky its that easy most nights) and I tell him to get me some scriptures and he goes to his bookshelf pulls one out and says 'Nephi.' The 'n' was a little shaky, but I asked him again and he clearly said it. I was shocked he's only read that one like 3 maybe 4 times and I've been reading the other stories in between. The moral of the story... never to young to learn. Then when it was time to say prayers he actually knelt by his bed (something he fights) after I said remember like Lehi. He is a smart and adorable little boy. I am one lucky mom!

2 comments:

JennaK said...

We love these books and have had the first one and then the rest in our house since our oldest (now 6) was about 1-1/2. Now my oldest uses them himself to prepare a lesson for FHE. They're great!

Team Seguritan said...

I will need to check those out. Thanks for sharing.