So Porter is nearly 5 months old and I finally finished his crib bumper. When I was pregnant I was like... he doesn't need one of those, he'll be fine without it cause all the ones I saw that I liked were pretty pricey. Well Grandma and Grandpa Cox got us this beautiful crib and it just didn't seem right to throw just his mattress in there and be done with it. (Plus i'm a little stir crazy at times and needed a project). So here it is proof that something can be made with the $1 fabric from walmart. Yes most of the fabric used is from those awful tables, but it turned out pretty cute and all that matters is he seems to like it.
It's funny cause as I worked on it, it was like he knew it was for him, it hung on the back of the rocking chair for about a week and he would 'punch' at it as we rocked. It was pretty cute. He loves being in his bed which I am so grateful for. So there are a few things I learned while making it: always buy more than you think you will need (i went for ribbon, thread and binding multiple times cause i didn't calculate and get enough) so if there's no pattern but the one in your head buy more and return excess later. Second it doesnt matter if its perfect (the order of the fabric, exactly perfect seems, etc.) It'll all work out (at least with the type of thing this was). I found myself stressing that it wouldn't turn out and my sweet husband would just patiently tell me to not worry it would be fine and if it wasn't its fabric from the $1 table. When I started listing things that I learned there were more, but I've forgotten them already so thats it.
In other news, we are headed to San Diego on Thursday once we finish working and we are pretty excited to see my family, the temple, and the ocean. Its about time this little boy felt the sand between his toes and tasted the salty ocean (you know he's going to put everything in his mouth). I can't believe its been about a year or so since I've been... how is it that I managed to stay away that long... I guess those pregnant months did it for me =) I can't wait.
Oh and more exciting news Porter will be getting his first puppy real soon. Grandpa and Grandma Cox's dog Ginger just had ten (yes you read that right ten!) puppies... so sometime the beginning of november we will have another addition to our little family (she'll be a black lab). We are so excited for walks and fetch and all those fun things... and not so excited for potty training and chewing, etc. But we are so lucky to be getting her, it'll be so fun especially for little Porter. If you have any good puppy names let us know, we are starting to pick a few and any of you who know how naming Porter went I need a list too cause Bryce will have some names that need to be vetoed (ie Maximus, Bruno, Billy Bob... those were for Porter) and those were for a human being I can't imagine what he'll come up with for this dog... too bad Porter isn't old enough to pick a name on his own. Now that would be interesting!That's it for now! Pictures from our San Diego trip to come real soon!



2 comments:
how cute, i love black labs! say hello to the beach for me
Hey Anna...it's Mindy, how are you? Long time no talk! Your little guy is so cute! I bet you are having a ball with him...Aren't they so much fun? Anyway, I just got your blog from Katie's blog and I was excited to see it there. Also, I just started my own last night and thought you may want to check it out so here is the address...
http://www.louis-mylifeinanutshell.blogspot.com/
Mindy Lou
Post a Comment