Saturday, December 1, 2007


I realized today that another week has passed and I hadn't posted anything yet. It's been quite a tough week for our little family, but I won't go into details because I am not sure who reads this and I am sure my feelings may soften over time. It has helped us remember where our blessings come from and has humbled us as we remember all the little core things that we need to be more obedient at doing every day. Time to repent!


On black Friday we got a really good deal on a Christmas tree from Lowe's (fake and pre- lit... what more could we ask for)! So while his grandpa and auntie watched the BYU game Porter helped decorate the tree. It really has helped it feel more like Christmas, since the weather hasn't. (well up until this weekend when it rained and rained and rained... our back yard is a big mud puddle... Sadie loves it... and I love the mud all over my house!- not so much). We also put up our nativity's on my new bookshelves (Santa came early!) I am so glad the bookshelves provided the perfect place... we weren't sure where they would be safe with a puppy and the possibly soon to crawl baby. And I love how nice the bookshelves look! (not shown in the pictures, maybe next time) Sometimes its good to bring Bryce along... I will look and not buy, but think about it for awhile... if he sees it likes it and its what we want he just gets it on the spot. Sometimes scary... other times helpful cause I've been thinking about it for months and probably would have for many more, but now I have them. yay!

Porter has changed so much lately... he really has been making progress towards crawling. He is pretty determined when he wants something, he will throw his whole body into it... even when it puts him in some awkward positions. He has also become a lot better with his hands... I let go of my need for cleanness and let him have a go at Cheerios on his own... at first he just grabbed handfuls and shoved them in his mouth, but every day he gets better at it (more in his mouth and less on the floor). The other day his dad needed a part at a job out in Chandler, so Porter and I went out there and while we were there we went to McDonald's with dad. We gave Porter a french frie (he was sitting on my lap) he loves to suck on them. I open my chicken nuggets and Porter decided he wanted one... instead of whining for it he reached over grabbed one and shoved it in his mouth. Like I said one little determined young man. It was so smooth how quickly and gracefully he did it. (wish we could have got that on video)

Tonight we had two of Bryce' s siblings, their families and his parents over for dinner and then we all went to see the lights at the temple. It is so nice to have our little home so that people can come over! (I am so grateful that it worked out and we were able to get into it with the help of family) Afterwards I had some hot chocolate and Porter as usual wanted a taste. His reaction was so cute. So here's a peek:


While I'm posting video I might as well post this one too... Porter loves to drink that bath water, usually it is thru the wash cloth, but lately that isn't enough so he has a new method. He has also become a little 'ham' for the camera so he decided he wanted to show you how much he loves to splash. (please ignore the nasty grout...we still need to replace it... maybe I'll get to that soon. Like I finally cleaned under the fridge and stove and cut up my hands this week (right across the middle of all my fingers on both hands, ouch!)... don't ask I am just really talented, but I am grateful its finally done. I've wanted to since we moved in but I was 9 months pregnant and not able to move the fridge, then I forgot and was lazy... now nothing is off limits, I get in trouble sometimes!) Here's the bath video:

Enjoy! That's it for now... The End.

2 comments:

Katie said...

the videos didn't show up! but i would love to see them. your house looks cute from the pictures you have. i have always wanted hardwood floors... :) you are lucky you have a house. we are counting down the days till we can have one too.
and i do the same thing that you do... i ho-hum about buying something. i'll even carry it around the store and i never do end up buying it. so it is good to have that push!

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

not sure what to tell you cause I can still see both on both my computer and bryce's ??? sorry... we were lucky to get into our home and that it is so cute and nice... not sure how we've gotten so lucky but I am so grateful.