Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Belated Valentines Day! I am way overdo for a post... mostly because its felt like the same old stuff for the most part... for Valentine's Day Bryce and I decided to be really romantic and go camping the day after and leave Porter with my mom and my 2nd mother Jeannie... little did they know that when they agreed to it they would be watching a kid with a runny nose a nasty cough and and over achiever who is cutting 4 teeth on the top. I guess it was no fun getting them one at a time! He's been a good kid despite it, but still nights are pretty sleepless now that he has the cough, so I hope that he's good friday night. I know I shouldn't worry, but I know I will! Anyway so back to the being romantic thing... so because we are going camping we realized we never replaced the camp chairs that wore out so we decided to get really cheap ones from walmart... we figure when we camp more we'll get nicer ones but our record isn't so great these days so $7.88 is a great price and a great valentines day gift right?!? While we were there we saw this little chair and couldn't resist... especially for $5. Porter isn't a huge fan for too long mostly because he falls out like this:










but he looks so cute sitting in it.
Lets see what else have we been doing... Porter crawled like 3 feet last sunday but since then has gone back to scooting on his butt. We've been watching curious george a lot because I am sick of little einsteins and I noticed that Porter's favorite mode of getting around looks kind of like a monkey (which is ironic cause i call him monkey all the time), but I'm thinking maybe it will evolve into crawling. who knows!
His favorite thing to do is throw things, as i've said before, Bryce caught it on tape pretty good here:



mom and dad are not fans, but sadie loves it!

We had to childproof finally because this little guy gets around... he loves to stand at the bookshelves... one day he got out the cards... guess he will fit in with Bryce's family cause they love to play cards whenever they get together!

He also likes to drive dad's truck:

Help make cookies:

And do the dishes (and hang out with out a shirt on I guess, Bryce's doing of course):
And on Wednesday he got to hang out with his cousins for a bit when Katie and the kids came down to meet up with an old friend. Lots of fun!
I think that's it really. I hope the pictures make up for the lack of posting and interesting things.


Oh and I have to do a little PSA for dog product that works SO well for those who walk their dogs but are sick of them pulling you down as Sadie does/did to me. I was reluctant because it costs $22, but the Gentle Leader works wonders... I now no longer fear (as much) when we see people walking towards us (except scary divorced guy- long story) or birds or leaves or anything that moves... she won't go for it anymore. Thank goodness our walks are once again enjoyable. THE END TTFN

2 comments:

Hey, This is Lisa. said...

Your little guy is just adorable!! I'm getting so excited to have a little boy now.

Kathryn e. said...

Anna...I am so glad I found your blog! Porter is darling and I am glad to see you are doing so well.