Monday, March 17, 2008

left in the care of his father

Saturday night we kind of lagged in routine... we walked a little late and ran some errands late and actually never really ate 'dinner' because we went to a late lunch and the wife was lazy. ANYWAY that isnt the point, by 8p I had Porter dressed for bed and fed, but he wasn't wanting to go to bed and would scream when I put him down, so this tired mom left him in the living room with dad who was watching a movie so Porter could wear himself out and I went and read a book in the bedroom where it was quieter. A half an hour later Bryce comes in and says you have GOT to see this your going to be mad:

What is that you ask? Syrup... Bryce had seen him crawl into the kitchen, but he has a cupboard that is his to destroy whenever he wants. Instead he chose this cabinet where his dad could see him, that is child proof and decided to play... Bryce says he could see him playing and thought 'he can't get anything out of there its child proofed and he's happy so why bother him'... well he managed to tip the bottle of syrup upside down with it in the cupboard and unscrew the lid. Then for maybe 10 minutes he dipped the lid in his lake of syrup and licked it, talk about a sugar high right before bed. He was SO sticky so we took a picture, he got a bath and had some more milk to make him sleepy and miraculously enough he was in bed a half hour later. And to think that for awhile people had us scared that if he didn't crawl before he walked he wouldn't be coordinated or as smart... I think he's got both covered he did figure out crawling and is now working on standing up without holding onto things). He's always watching and trying to figure things out... his next adventure is sure to be the doggie door (my mom has bets placed on this)... tonight he was checking out the way it works. Next thing I know he'll be drinking out of the dogs bowl... wait he's done that...


Anyway the things that happen when he's left with dad... fun memories and messes for mom to clean up...those are my boys!

(PS- sad/heartbreaking mom note... tonight when I left for work I kissed Porter goodbye, but I guess he didn't realize I was leaving because when the garage closed I guess he crawled over to the door and started crying... then later looked towards the door and started crying again. SO SAD! But I guess its good for him to see me leave and come back... just wish I didn't have to leave, but this is only a season and it too shall pass)

3 comments:

Katie said...

bahahaha- that is the funniest thing in the world. :) i'm glad he went to sleep quickly. i know if my child actually ate sugar (for some reason he doesn't like it- which is fine with me for now) he wouldn't go to sleep...

Team Seguritan said...

Super cute videos. I love his little laugh in the bubble video. Oh, and I love Bryce's laugh in the waterbowl thing. He's got such a good laugh huh? Would you guys like to do something for Easter? I don't have any thoughts as of yet, but we could do something.

Margaret said...

I love that picture of him in the syrup. No matter what you do, they always find a way around it.