Friday, October 31, 2008

'i wanna be a cowboy, i wanna learn to rope and ride'

This post almost was going to be one saying that there would be no more photos for 4-6 weekswhile my camera gets fixed. Sad I know, but luckily lots of people what the show to go on so with 2 camera offers we are still in the business of documenting one little boys adventures.

Unfortunately my camera stopped working the day before my sisters wedding in San Diego, well not stopped working but the pictures looked like this:

I hear there are some amazing pictures so those will come when I get the cd. The wedding was beautiful of course and an amazing ceremony... I always learn so much! I wish I could remember more of what was said the day I got married, but it all went by so fast!
The day before the wedding we made it to the beach (of course) and we had a blast as usual. Even though La Jolla Shores will hold a special place in my heart, I'm starting to love the dog beach in Corondo... lots of fun and people are much more laid back.

The following weekend we went up to the mountains to Grandparents Cox home. Its always great to see them and spend time up there in the cool weather and in the pines... well I enjoy that part while Bryce works :( I don't have any pictures because saturday morning the first thing he did was fall and scatch his face pretty bad on a branch. I do have a picture somewhere, but its not on my computer at the moment. he's all boy!
On a side note the other night at scouts while the boys were working on the running part of their fitness belt loop Porter decided to master jumping off the sidewalk... it was adorable! the first few times he fell, but we didn't intervene, he just got up and tried again and again till he got it and then clapped for himself everytime he jumped off without falling! If only I had a camera at the time... Bryce tempted me by asking if I was going to take him back the next day to see if he would do it again, but I resisted plus I had too much to do!

Somehow October disappeared and its Halloween already so I bought a pumpkin and candy on thursday night... Bryce and Porter came to help me at the store and suprise they store were having a party, so Porter got a balloon, candy and a cookie with orange frosting that got all over... I would have taken pictures but we had to run to scouts right after, but he LOVED the balloon (and the cookie of course) he's played with it for 24 hours straight.

Halloween Day:

what more could a kid want on halloween morning,
but a lollipop right after finishing his pancakes. what a life!


Porter was SO grumpy tonight, he didn't take his naps quite right this afternoon and boy did it show! He refused to color pictures for his grandmas... unusually he's all about scribbling/coloring.

We hurried and carved our pumpkin in time to put it out on the porch... Porter wanted nothing to do with it till it was done, then he gave it a taste. Bryce did a great job!



Here's various pictures from throughout the day... he would not pose or hold still for a picture, nor would he look at the camera so this montage will have to do. We took him to a few people from our wards homes and a few homes in the neighborhood. He didn't really get trick or treating until the end, but he totally knows about eating the candy! He demands it be opened so he can eat it!


Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

5 comments:

Cristi said...

his costume was so cute! I know the feeling about the pictures, Zack will never hold still or look at the camera! It's the age I guess :)

Becky Montoya Wright said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Halloween! And Porters costume is so cute!

ltandjbcox said...

Howdy partner. . such a cute little buckaroo. Check out our blog to see how quiet my Halloween was. It was so nice to sleep at your house a week ago. That bed is comfy and you guys were quiet getting on your way. Thanks. Love you guys.

Donovan Seguritan said...

That IS a nice pumpkin. Tell Bryce he did awesome! And I love the story of Port jumping off the sidewalk, I can picture it..no need for a camera.

KT

The Cash Family said...

oh my heck anna bird! what are you doing girl! I love blogger so you can stay updated on everyone. i am going to add you to mine, how is your family?