Friday, October 26, 2007

6 Months Old Already!

I cannot believe that he has been with us for 1/2 a year, time sure flies and he changes so much every day. He is getting SO big these days. He had his 6 month dr. appointment so here are his latest stats:

19lbs 6oz - 80 percentile
27 in long- 75 percentile
and the noggin is 17 3/4 in.- 85%
.
So he's still growing, but not at the rate he first started at up in the 90s... which I am totally okay with cause he's a big kid. The other day I pulled out all his 6-9 mo old clothes and the things I NEVER thought he would be wearing are now fitting... but he is super cute and has so many cute clothes that people have given him in this size... I honestly haven't needed to buy him much, which is nice and sad at the same time.
Anyway, he is sitting up these days which is such a blessing... he still topples over and knocks his head every now and then when he looses focus or gets to excited about something, but now he can help with so many things (like making the bed and cleaning the house) and be a little more independent playing by himself on the floor, its a little sad sometimes cause we don't have to carry him with us everywhere these days but it gives me a few moments here and there to get things done that I used to have to sneak in while he napped. Speaking of naps he is getting so much better... he's averaging hour long naps and is settling into 3-4 naps a day instead of so many super short unpredictable naps. The other thing he has started to do is reach out for me when he wants to be picked up... super cute... except that he wants me too often sometimes, I didn't think the whole separation anxiety and neediness started this early. Oh well I should just be grateful he loves me and likes me after spending all day with me.
Here are a few pictures I still can't believe how small they start and how big they get. I've started watching my friends 5 week old baby for a few hours a week and its crazy that Porter once was that small. I mean we have pictures he really was, but I can't remember him being so tiny. craziness!!!
.

THEN when newborn clothes were too big:



To NOW the chunk of a boy that he is now:


.

.
.

.

.

.

PS- My parents are safe and sound in San Diego, they didn't have to evacuate, but their lives were interupted for sure and know lots of people who have been affected. A blessing for sure!



No comments: