This last weekend we went to Lakeside for Bryce's 10yr. High School Reunion... he's been talking about trading in our cars.... i've been avoiding the whole idea, but we 'stopped' by the Horne dealership where a friend works just to see what he might have to offer us... we were in a pretty bad car situation and our car needs have changed lately so we looked. And the next thing you know we are leaving the dealership with a new family car for me and a better 'work' truck for Bryce. Goodbye cute single girl car, my little jetta, so sad to see her go, we've had some fun times together!
She worked for just me and Porter, but when Bryce needed to come along he was scrunched, so I gave in and let it happen and now I drive a bigger 'familyish' car. I know this is just something I will have to get used to because if my son and his future siblings are anything like their father I will need a larger car for awhile, but I will miss my little car. I'm really not that bugged about it. The Nissan Xterra isn't too big and it fits our needs. My only beef right now is finding a way to keep the car seat from tipping over. Yes you are reading right. We are driving home from Lakeside. I have never driven this curvy mountain road, this is a larger car than I am used to and we are going along the curves (I'm by myself with Porter cause Bryce is driving his new work truck home behind me). Porter starts fussing and I'm thinking little boy I can't help you and drive this so please stop whining... but he just keeps whining his little 'mom, mom, mom' whine. So I reach back while watching the road and try and help him without killing both of us and all I feel is plastic.. I glance back and his car seat is tipped over! Yeah crazy... so the seat belt locks up and slowly tips him over and this has happened several times. I think its cute that Porter didn't scream (and hasn't the times this has happened) he just called to me and was like 'uh, mom i don't think this arrangement is going to work, help me). Anyway I'm sure there is an easy solution... it just kind of funny. (for all those who've been concerned we have fixed this problem and his carseat is VERY secure now... no more roller coaster rides for this little boy, not yet anyway)
Anyway I will add a picture of Bryce's new work truck soon, but its pretty basic white long bed chevy and a work in progress as he adds some work boxes and decals and stuff. I'm a little sad not to have a 4-door chevy, he gave up his first big truck shortly after we got married, and now this one had to go too. Maybe someday we'll have one again!Bryce's class reunion was fun... he loved seeing old friends. Some peoples situations are a little sad as they have made less that ideal life choices, but several of his friends have adorable little families. I finally met his friend Clay and his cute family after hearing stories about him for so long. Its really too bad they live all the way in Oklahoma... we would have so much fun hanging out with them! I didn't take any pictures at the reunion activities... I'm not sure how I forgot, but oh well.
Here are a few of us just hanging out in the hammock (all of us wearing some camo... we got Porter these adorable pants... so mom had to get something camo (bryce thought it was about time), you can't see but my tank top underneath is camo).



No comments:
Post a Comment