Saturday, October 27, 2007

AZ State Fair

Last night if you went before 5 it was $5 to get into the state fair AND Montgomery Gentry was playing who is one of our favorites, so even though I hadn't slept and we have a busy weekend I convinced Bryce that we should go (there's no way we are making it to a concert this year anyway). So we went early and since we have a kid now its easier to kill time and not spend money by looking at all the "cool" stuff.


we saw sheep..... we rode lions.... and we did NOT ride a ride called 'up,up, and away' =)


Then we went to see the concert (I stole this picture cause we forgot to take one). We stayed for just a little bit because we didn't remember that it would be way to loud for the little guy. He let us plug his ears at first, but then he wouldn't let us so we had to leave. But what we were there for was AMAZING. They are such a good group... wish we could have stayed. Next time... we are bringing ear plugs for the little guy cause we don't want his hearing to be like his dad's when he gets older =)

So instead we went to watch the figure 8 races... which I hadn't seen before... so its race cars and they race in a figure 8 pretty basic sounding, but pretty fun to watch... a dirt track and LOTS of wrecking. I dont know what my problem was but I forgot to take a picture of this too!

After that we went to get a cow pie (they called it a mooo with oreo) and to go home, and we saw this adorable little ice cream cone, which Porter would be REALLY adorable in... he was a little tired at this point but he REALLY didn't like it. We tried and tried and he did not want to be cute for this one... so we went home and he crashed and mom crashed and dad got up early to go paint balling at 6am (crazy!!!), while Porter and I slept in because we are off to the ASU vs. Cal game tonight, someone gave us tickets (we have been SO lucky lately). Fun weekend!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

yay! that looks like so much fun. don't bring ear plugs next time... get a baby sitter! we still have my sister to help us... but we have found that outings are a lot less stressful.
but i am jealous that you got to see all of the animals. chas would LOVE that. yay for fun weekends!