Monday, October 29, 2007

Another #1 and a #2

So like I said in the previous post from just yesterday (Saturday), we had tickets to the ASU vs. Cal game. So we packed up our little family, met up with Bryce's friend Adrian and headed to the game. Wow, what a crazy experience. It was so much more crowded and louder than any football game I've ever been to (but what do I really know). By the time it started Porter was finished being cute and got cranky, so from the 11th row I went all the way up to calm and feed my tired child, he fought it and then out he went and he stayed this way through the 1st quarter and into the second despite a LOUD crowd. But once he woke up he was back to himself trying to pull the girls in front of us's hair and winning the hearts of everyone around us. We ended up leaving at the half because there wasn't much action on our end of the field that we could see... or should I say that I could see. I can never see anything once people stand up and since Porter couldn't really see anything unless his dad held him he was starting to get cranky. Plus at this point ASU was losing, not that we were routing for either team, but still a fun night. The best part of the night... I actually stayed up till 11pm and I wasn't working... Bryce and I were still awake (not a big deal for him, but huge feat for me lately!).



Anyway so that was Porter's #1, his first live college football game. Onto #2, so its Sunday morning we slept in, but I am still tired cause I stayed up till 11pm the night before pretending like I was in college again and that was completely normal to stay up late (not anymore! I'm old!), we eventually get to the point in our routine where its Porter's time to take a bath... I'm relieved because he loves his baths... so I fill the tub, plop him in, and sit down next to the bath tub. I have to stay right by the tub these days cause I was letting him sit up... he can do it, but like I have said before if he doesn't focus or gets too excited he tumbles over and that's dangerous in the bath. So he tips over a few times and so I lower the water level and lay him down... which he doesn't mind cause he's still in the bath... splash, splash, splash. This also means that mom can zone out a bit. I'm just sitting there thinking to myself you know Porter has never gone #2 in the tub, I am so lucky, I have heard so many stories of this happening. I swear my son can read my thoughts cause no sooner than I think this he starts his grunting noises and little bubbles start heading to the surface... luckily I had the presence of mind to grab him and I got him over the toilet for a majority of it... amazing my 6 month old baby has just pooped in the toilet. So as I hold Porter over the toilet I yell for Bryce who fishes out what didn't make it in the toilet. It seems like he should be done, so I let him take a longer bath, and who would of thought this kid could actually have MORE poop... this time there was no making it to the toilet and I declare bath time to be officially over! The moral of this story... your children may be able to read your mind, so don't start thinking of the lovely things they haven't done to you yet.... otherwise you might just get your wish. yuck!!! (I have the best husband in the world, who cleaned up after this fiasco while I got our son dressed for church, he said 'no big deal, i got it' ... he's worked in manholes before, but still SO gross... he was my hero today for sure!)

No comments: