So forever ago we were tagged to list our 7 quirks/habits and I didnt want to do it myself so I've been waiting on Bryce. Well he came through so here it goes:
Mine (Anna):
1. I thoroughly wash the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher... it makes them sanitary and then I'm sure they are REALLY clean
2. When I buy clothes or other items (but mostly clothes) I buy the same thing in multiple colors, I also sort/hang clothes by color in my closet, and all shirts must be hanging with the front going to the left (I never really noticed until Bryce did it wrong once and it bugged me)
3. I love blankets... I have a ton of them (as does Porter). Most of my blanket collection started when I lived in Utah where it was cold, but it has continued to get use even in Arizona. I almost always have a blanket when I am watching tv and must have one when I sleep... I get really cold. Not that anyone wants to glimpse into our bedroom, but at night I have a sheet, a thin blanket and then my down blanket, while Bryce's side of the bed has a sheet and there is a fan blowing to keep him cool. (I have given up on ever having a down comforter on my bed again, as long as we live in mesa) Another funny note with blankets, when Porter was born I was SO excited to take a blanket to church with us... for him of course (not! he was warm and mom used the blanket)
4. Another order/color thing I do. I eat candy by color... even if it doesn't matter. Like with skittles I want the same flavor all at once... not all mixed up (like Bryce does it). It really makes me a little crazy to see him throw a handful in his mouth. But if I'm not holding Porter who would grab it, I even eat M&Ms by color... it shouldn't matter, but it DOES!
5. This is a quirk Bryce pointed out... I don't always finish my thoughts... I'll be telling him a story and go off on a tangent or I will think that I finished a thought so he can follow what I'm saying and I never did. Or I will start to say something, realize its not what I mean, stop that thought and immediately start another. He says its adorable, but I would be frustrated listening to me!
6. Ever since I worked in residential treatment (mostly) I have to keep the knives that are in their little holding thing underneath the edge of the counter... this prevents the larger knives from being 'pulled' on me. No incidents or anything ever happened, the knives and scissors were locked up in treatment, but its just something I guess I'm afraid will happen. And while we are on the subject of knives, Bryce teases me to no end because we got a pretty nice set of knives for our wedding and I use and old dull knife or a steak knive to cut everything. He on the other hand grabs the biggest, sharpest knive to cut the littlest things.
7. I'm not sure when this started, but I think its worse now that I am married. I will NOT answer the door or my phone unless I know who it is. (except at 2am when I'm 9mos. pregnant... thats another story) I'm not sure what I'm afraid of or why, but I just won't
here's a bonus:
Bryce owns several (by several I mean 7 or 8 or more) guns. I to this day have not shot one of them. When we were dating he took me on a suprise date to a shooting range and when we got in there someone had a really really loud gun and since then I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't want to... I will go with him to Porter Mtn. when we are in Lakeside, but I still just haven't done it. I will move them (ie put them away in the drawer), but shoot them... not a chance.
Okay so now that you know how weird I am here's Bryce's list:
1. He chews on straws. This is an art form... he will take the straw from a fountain drink fold it up and cut it to precisely the right length and chew it
2. He drives with his windows down and the a/c blasting. Along with this he doesnt like 'still' air, especially when he's sleeping. The other day I realized that we always have our ceiling fans on and other fans blowing constantly... we do live where its hot, but even when its cooler they still are on.
3. He always has a weapon within reach... he always has a knife on him and often a gun somewhere close... on trips there is always one with us. etc. etc.
4. He puts hot sauce on EVERYTHING. No joke... I'll present him a nice dinner and the next thing you know he is pouring hot sauce on it... now if you let him cook you have to watch him and remind him to take it easy... he will put way too many spices or flavors in things. I love that he does cause I don't use spices too much, but he will overdo it in a heartbeat
5. He wears the same 3 or 4 pairs of shorts all the time... when we got married I got tired of them being on the floor so we put up hooks for him the hang them on.... randomly I have to steal them to get them washed or he would continue to wear them over and over and over again.
6. I won't detail this one too much, but he reads on the toilet like many people do, but he will stay there to finish a chapter! Often if I can't find him in the house I know just where to look!
7. He will purposely break something that is brand new if he thinks he can make it work better... no joke he is always altering and changing things to 'fix' them when they aren't broken (but its cute and he's handy, and often it does make things better or easier)
Porter- he's is all around quirky and his habits are those of most babies so I will not elaborate on them since you read about him ALL the time!
As far as tagging 7 people, most of the people I know already have done this, and those that havent rarely post anything (Justin, Stacy, Kim, Austin...) so if you are reading this and havent done this and you want to you should =)
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
what a fun little idea. i just have to say that i love your playlist. everytime i get on i click on your blog to listen to your songs and then look at other peoples :) oh yeah and just so you know ever since you gave me your wedding cd with that rascal flatts song, i have been the hugest rascal flatts fan and now have 2 of their cds! so thanks!
Post a Comment