Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bryce figured out that our son is afraid of the simple phrase "up, up and away"... the other morning he read it off of his pajama's you'll see what happens almost every time since then.

(sorry its so dark... its not like this on my computer =( )

(in this video he doesn't actually cry, but he usually does... its the strangest thing!)

In other news Porter has been more himself as far as napping goes... I am grateful he is just taking them for the most part. Thanks for all the kind notes people sent with words of encouragement. We have good days and bad days and when I wrote that it hadn't been one of the better few days in a row. Today he set a record by taking a nap for an hour and a half this morning, I kept checking on him I couldn't believe it! (must be all those kind prayers and thoughts we have recieved!)

Porter almost lost one of his best friends at the bishops storehouse yesterday... luckily mom noticed he was missing before we drove off so we ran back inside and found him on the floor... car rides wouldn't have been the same without him! (Bryce wants a clarification for all those who may become concerned... I was picking up an order for a family in our ward, not for our family, we are still managing)

This little guy doesn't really need the toys we buy him now and then, he is more entertained by every day items and doing every day things. crazy kid. can you believe he used to bath in these sinks... all of him fit and he laid down...he has gotten SO big. He loves to play in the water, good thing he isnt strong enough yet.

Another favorite, but I can't find the picture is kitchen spoons... he plays with those and straws after every meal!

This is the longest post ever... just like its been a really long day for Bryce. He didn't have a lot of work today so he was home around 1pm. So we went to walmart to buy a crate for the puppy and since Bryce is bored he was projecting that boredom onto Porter. So our spoiled little boy got a Johnny Jump Up, he could use a little exercise anyway. Porter thinks this is the best thing ever he really likes it! (The only thing that stinks is that this boy weighs too much... he is pretty close to the limits... 24lbs or 1yr old... so close to the weight and half way to the age... he's a big boy for his age! Sometimes we wonder if people think that he is older than he is but developmentally behind, since he's the size of some 1yr olds.

So today I spent some time in the kitchen, making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, with the easiest recipe ever. They are yummy and remind me of what it should be outside (not the 85-90 degrees it is, but more fall like temperatures). It should be getting cold and time for sweaters and coats, but I guess I'll settle for being able to wear pants and not hearing the air conditioner kick on as often. But I've been trying to make Porter's food from scratch instead of spending so much on the packaged foods (well at least on the vegetables, I still buy the fruit), plus its better for him and I hope it makes the transition to real foods easier since they will taste the same. It sounds like I'm Martha Stewart, but I am far from it. (This is the funny part) I went to buy squash from the store and I had no idea there were so many different kinds... so I stood there, tried calling my mother in law (she didn't answer). So I just bought a spaghetti squash (it had the most 'normal' shape). So later on the the day my mother in law calls back and I ask her what she thinks and she says she isn't really sure but she wouldn't use.... you guessed it, spaghetti squash. Go figure! I was a little discouraged, but after a few days I decided what could it hurt to try and make it anyway. So I made it while Porter had his longest nap ever this morning and it looked gross and tasted bland (yes I tasted it, I couldn't give it to him without trying it myself). It just wasn't that smooth. Well Porter woke up before I got it separated into containers so I had him give it a try... he loves it. I gave him a few bites, then started separating it into the containers I saved from his fruits and he started crying for more. Cute kid... I am lucky he really will eat anything... the only thing he grimaces at is real green beans by itself.

So I will finally post this and add nothing more! Good Night! (or day)



2 comments:

Katie said...

what cute videos! i can't believe he is already 6 months old! chas never liked the jonny jump up... but he LOVED the jumperoo. he would play in that thing for almost an hour before breaking down. ;) and i made pumpkin cookies the other day too... except it is cold here. i think it is supposed to snow today!

Natalie said...

that up up and away is too cute! so funny the things that scare them. carson still gets soo scared by the vacuum but i guess thats a little more typical. way to go on the baby food! i have never been that ambitious.