Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Dog for Sale! (I wish)

So after being at the ER most of the night with the girls from work I am more than tired today... and this dog has pushed me over the edge I would seriously kiss her goodbye at the moment. why you might ask? well lets just go over the last week which is really when its gotten bad. First she has started chewing the siding of our house and the neighbors house (the side of their house is the boundary of our property and acts like what would be a fence, but there are no fences just houses stacked up right next to each other)... so we put up some 1x4 trim to cover up the damage (irritating!) So that day I went an spent money we don't have on some toys to help keep her out of trouble... this rough and tough toy lasted 20 minutes tops-if that! The other toys are nice because it allows Porter to play with her more, but aren't really curbing the chewing factor.


Then there is the hair... I know she is a lab and I should expect it, but I have hardwood and tile floors in the main living area and a little boy crawling all over. This is how much hair accumulated from just before bedtime till midmorning... remember 8-9 hours of that she was in her crate sleeping!! GROSS! I end up looking like a crazy woman about twice a day with my little dirt devil cleaning up hair and its still all over the place all the time! So if you come to my house and there is hair on the floor or all over my child... I do clean my floors about twice a day on average if not more and I wish there was something more I could do. I would put her out but then she causes damage... its a nightmare!
Then today while Porter and I are back in the master bath showering and getting ready for the day I hear a strange noise and come out to the living room and find this (notice the brand new raw hide bone I gave her just an hour before!) (in case its hard to tell she chewed up the carpet pretty bad here.... left the bone almost untouched!)
There is other stuff too but I will keep my complaints to this for now. She does get me outside on walks everyday, but I can't think of many other positives at the moment... it's that kind of a day! Why keep her you may ask... because this:
little boy loves her to death. Watch these videos and you'll see why she will continue to reside in our home despite her current flaws:




In Porter news... he has learned to crawl all over... his top 4 teeth are just about in and he has developed a little temper... don't mess with him when he wants something or you hear this awful eh, eh, eh noise, I hope he grows out of it soon. Still very cute... and very interested in learning anything you teach him... lately he will pull out his books and start turning the pages and look at me like 'mom aren't you going to come and say the words for me?' He is also has developed a love for go-gurts... the kid loves yogurt, and they are every mother's dream, so convenient and just the right size... I am grateful for the sale at albertsons that made me try them, and now I love the price at costco that allows me to keep getting them =) Other than that nothing to exciting... we seem to have kicked the flu bug that got me twice in two weeks. It seems like I'm just waiting for the next disaster to strike. Thats it for now... if anyone wants a naughty puppy please leave a comment and we'll get back to you! j/k

8 comments:

Hey, This is Lisa. said...

Sorry girl! We had a puppy. Been there, done that and will do it never again! I'm just sticking with our fish and thats it.

Louis said...

Boy...I totally get this!! I feel the same about our German Shepherd. He drives me crazy but boy does Mariah love him!! And that makes it worth it I guess...right?

LiciRae said...

This is the exact reason I keep telling Adam we won't ever have a dog. Wow looks like fun. You are a good sport. We definitely should go hiking or something. Do anything to keep these boys under control.

JennaK said...

okay, usually I'm just a lurker on your blog, mostly because it's my husband who knows your husband from the mission field. But I couldn't resist commenting this time because I totally have felt your pain! Our dog is a beagle mix. He sheds like crazy and when he was still a puppy, he had a major chewing problem. He chewed up my CD case and five of the CDs that were in it. Five of them! completely chewed to pieces. I still have two from that time that have teeth prints in them and will still play all but one or two songs. In a lot of dogs, it will get better as he gets older. One thing that our dog loves to chew on but doesn't destroy are racquetballs. And yes, our beagle will go through a rawhide bone in about 30 minutes. But I'd rather have him chewing the rawhide and making a little bit of a mess with that than chewing up my scriptures (which he also did when he was a puppy!). Good luck!

ltandjbcox said...

Speaking as the grandmother of both Porter and Sadie. . . .they will require patience. I'm about ready to shoot Pepper some days NOT ALL. Maybe Sadie needs to be locked in the small bathroom when you are in the shower. . . not too much she could get into there. . . or probably her crate. No quick answers. . .
See you next week.!!

Team Seguritan said...

I know I talked to you the day you posted this, but I haven't had time to look at it till now. And let me just say that despite all the junk with Sadie, those videos with Porter and her, especially that second video are soo cute. Porter interacts with Sadie like Kawika does with Jada and Israel. I can see why you keep her. And she will outgrow it...hopefully sooner than later. I like the idea your friend gave of using a racket ball. Have you tried that?

Anyway, see you soon.
Katie

The Gwynns said...

I don't really have any good advice but I just want to say that Porter is such a cutie! I love his little laugh when he is playing with Sadie! You must be such proud parents! Keep up the good work and good luck!

Sarah Bowen said...

Hey Anna! I know what it is like having a dog to clean up after. Altough it was a little dog, it was discouraging sometiimes. Also I am tagging you.. if you don't want to do that is ok. My feelings will not be hurt. Just check out my blog for the info if you want to do it.