Monday, April 7, 2008

catch up

So life has still been busy so once again another catch up post. A little over a week ago I got the dreaded phone call from my husband who is at ultimate electronics waiting to pick something up for a customer... he has found something we have to have... a tv for the kitchen...

its only $20, it was $300. Reluctantly I told him okay (after he begged), but told him to tell George (the guy that he gets things thru there) that he isn't allowed to show him anything else and to come home. The story goes its been sold and returned 3 times because people think it has a DVD player, but really it just has a cd player, so it was missing the remote and mounting bracket. So Bryce 'designed' his own mounting bracket and if you've been in our kitchen there is NO need for a remote besides a large tv is 20 feet away =) But we had to have it and Bryce loves it. He says he'll do dishes more often and he has done them once... he also says that this way when he goes to the kitchen to make a snack he can keep watching whatever show we are watching so then he won't have to rewind and make me watch it twice (this happens SO often... at first it made me crazy then I just got used to it, now I guess I don't have to).

That same day we meet Justin & Stacy at a dog park and let Coco, Bandit and Sadie play and make friends. Sadie hated the water at first but went crazy running all over the place. Definitely a place we will go again. Thanks for getting us to finally go... I think it will become even more fun when Porter can walk because he isn't afraid of all the dogs, but there is not a lot of grass so he spent his time eating rocks and crawling in dirt... which is fine I guess, but kind of gross!

Then came Tuesday... April Fools Day. Oh and Bryce's birthday. I made him a poppy seed cake... yes you read that right a poppy seed cake. Never heard of it? Neither had I, but I was talking about making Porter a monkey cake for his birthday and Bryce wondered what kind of cake I was making him. He said poppy seed so I pulled out the Joyce of Cooking Cookbook and there it was in all its glory an easy recipe and a recipe with more ingredients. I have to say Joyce is a pretty amazing mom, when we talked to her later Sunday night we asked her what cake her 5th of 7 children would want it took but a second for her to chime in with the right answer (a week later Katie told me all her kids love poppy seed cake, but I still think its amazing she knew... I don't even know what kind of cake I like or would want!) Porter loved helping make it... he knew before we even baked it how yummy it would be and it was pretty yummy (a tip from Joyce... buy the poppy seeds and smart and final... you get a lot for the same price as a small bottle at the grocery store so you can make lots of poppy seed cakes and muffins!)

Happy 29th Birthday Dad!


I hope he had a good birthday, he worked and we went out to dinner and I tried not to be a cranky wife who had just worked two graveyards. That night as we were about to fall asleep my sweet husband started laying on the compliments about how wonderful he thinks I am (silly boy!) I was so tired though that it didn't hit me till the next day when I felt so guilty... hello its his birthday I should be the one laying on the 'your wonderful' comments, because he is wonderful and I hope he knows how much I love him!

A little side story, if dad didn't enjoy his birthday Porter did, he had lots of fun... he got to make cake, then he got to go exchange everything dad got for his birthday. Shorts too small... shirts too big you would have thought it was an April Fools joke, but it just happened that way. Porter loved crawling around under the racks in the men's department what a maze of fun... then we went to Red Robin and hey we have a kid now so those balloons are now for us. Porter LOVED the balloon he played with it throughout dinner, all the way home and on his walk. Unfortunately his puppy killed it the next morning. I definitely need to get some balloons for his birthday and maybe even for the car ride up to Utah at the end of the month.

Porter is growing up so fast... he turns 1 in 2 weeks! I can't take enough pictures of him... he's getting harder to photograph. In the pictures by the tree he would look the opposite direction so we played ring around the tree. I think I got a few good ones... I think he's cute!


He does so many cute things all the time I need to be better at writing them down... he loves to share so he will give you bites of whatever he is eating and often even give you whatever he has, so generous! He loves to wave now and almost says 'hi' sometimes, especially to the ladies wherever we are at... such a little flirt. The final cuteness for this post... when he knows he's being a pain or getting in trouble he will often lean in and kiss me to make up for it.

1 comment:

Tommy and Jill said...

what a cute kid! Sounds like you guys are living a pretty busy but fun life. I am way excited to see you all in just a few weeks!